Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 333
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (6642 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Tips on minor renovations on a potential home. (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
IMHO the front exterior looks weird. The trim looks pasted on. Changing that may not be expensive bu......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: white kitchen cabinet (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
What are you talking about?...

Discussion Topic  RE: stained ceiling (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
As said above, water stains are tough to cover, even with a stain blocker material. But know your ch......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: Condensation??? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Long shot but I have heard of something like this caused by bees invading the wall inside. If they s......

Discussion Topic  RE: matte floor tile .....what to do (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
One customer some years ago had "Mexican Pavers" on a heavily traveled area of the house. Mexican Pa......

Discussion Topic  RE: matte floor tile .....what to do (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
No, don't lay Pergo-type laminate over it. The laminate will break up. You may be able to use a floo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Protecting wood floors (heavy furniture) (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
At our last place we had a large, heavy, and top-heavy cabinet that had to be moved occasionally. We......

Discussion Topic  RE: Paint Removal (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
That sounds like a LONG labor of love! Then finish it with shellac? IMHO shellac is not a permanent ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Electrical for Shed (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Do install a power subpanel as mentioned above. Consider the situation where you are in the "shed" a......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stopping Small Leaks in Exterior Polybutalene Main Pipe With Epoxy Putty (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Glad you found someone to do the repair for a reasonable price. I've been away from the computer mos......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stopping Small Leaks in Exterior Polybutalene Main Pipe With Epoxy Putty (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
I doubt that epoxy will stick to the plastic pipe. I think you need to talk to the manufacturer of t......

Discussion Topic  RE: Sink/garbage disposal/dishwasher question (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
In our last place - shortly before we moved - we installed a single bowl sink with a disposal. It wo......

Discussion Topic  RE: aging in place (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I should have said more in my previous post! In SoCA I did a lot of work for a mid-aged guy who was......

Discussion Topic  RE: aging in place (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Kim, realize that HGTV personnel don't read these forums; you need to contact them by posting to one......

Discussion Topic  RE: Replacing a digital thermostat (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
We have a Carrier brand 'stat and I highly recommend the brand. Our place had a common programmable ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Quick fixes for ugly kitchen please! (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
I'm guessing that you used oil-based poly. It will give a yellow cast, and it will probably get dark......

Discussion Topic  RE: RV Remodeling (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
You need to address your question to HGTV. So far as we can tell, they never look at these forums....

Discussion Topic  RE: wrought iron railing (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I have used Rust-Oleum paint from a one-quart can, but not recently. Last time I looked it was avail......

Discussion Topic  RE: Flooring dilemma (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Newer laminates have better joints that handle water better. Read the laminate topic on my website a......

Discussion Topic  RE: Flooring dilemma (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
We have real hardwood floor in our kitchen and it works ok, even with two dogs. But it was not insta......

» Refine Search
» New Search