Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 331
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (6618 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: hardwood flooring in Colorado (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
For what its worth, we installed prefinished bamboo floating floor from Lumber Liquidators and even ......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: kitchen Recessed lights placement ?? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
I installed "a few" of them when I was contracting. The formula I settled on was a rectangle spaced ......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: Windows (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Sizes? That depends upon the rough opening, doesn't it? Also on the local code, to some degree. No p......

Discussion Topic  RE: Carpet cleaning (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
More on this: The carpet cleaning company will know how to do the job so that there is no danger to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Carpet cleaning (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Two suggestions: 1) Have a well-known carpet cleaning company do it. They will know what cleaning co......

Discussion Topic  RE: Replacement Window help (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
My experience with drafting programs is that they have a steep learning curve. I suggest that you lo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Help finding good contractor (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
First thing that comes to mind is "references" or recommendations. I started out as a handyman, adve......

Discussion Topic  RE: Love it or List It (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Please be aware that the HGTV staff do not read these forums....

Discussion Topic  RE: painting faucets? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
One of the reasons manufacturers use this process is that setting up a paint spray booth nowadays co......

Discussion Topic  RE: painting faucets? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Paint with a brush at home? It will last for a while but then will look a bit tacky. If you ever hav......

Discussion Topic  RE: Seeking Oil-Rubbed Bronze Spray Hand held Shower sprayer (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
In our last place we installed one we got at Lowe's. Might also be available at Home Depot. A long h......

Discussion Topic  RE: Need help with window replacement! (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
We have new PVC windows (single hung) and wide blinds on the inside and we are pleased with the way ......

Discussion Topic  RE: re-grouting shower walls (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
My wife does the cleaning around here so I can't recommend a cleaning product brand. As to regrouti......

Discussion Topic  RE: re-grouting shower walls (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
If there is mildew on the grout, you need to correct whatever is causing it first. Probably too much......

Discussion Topic  RE: Electrical wire (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Spam advertising is not allowed on this site!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Need advice on how to remove built in closet fixtures (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Hard for me to say without seeing it, but I would expect to cut the caulk or paint and then use a fl......

Discussion Topic  RE: Closet for MBR (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Have you looked at Home Depot or your nearby big box store?...

Discussion Topic  RE: Quonset Hut home (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I've never lived in a Quonset; I was in the Navy. But how do you handle the curved walls? Hanging pi......

Discussion Topic  RE: Interior Bead board ceiling - Help! (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
MDF gives off gas? Never heard that before. Can anyone confirm this?...

Discussion Topic  RE: matte floor tile .....what to do (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
One customer some years ago had "Mexican Pavers" on a heavily traveled area of the house. Mexican Pa......

» Refine Search
» New Search