Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 331
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (6616 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Bamboo Floors (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I agree. Procrastinate and see what happens. I did that with a similar situation in a previous house......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: stuck shower knobs?? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Give the PB Blaster or equivalent time to work, like overnight minimum. If the knobs are metal, odd......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: stuck shower knobs?? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Try turning them back and forth gently using slip-joint pliers. The rocking motion may break them fr......

Discussion Topic  RE: Help for cancer patient (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
You might get more help if you pinned down the location better. The USA is a large area....

Discussion Topic  RE: re-grouting shower walls (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
My wife does the cleaning around here so I can't recommend a cleaning product brand. As to regrouti......

Discussion Topic  RE: re-grouting shower walls (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
If there is mildew on the grout, you need to correct whatever is causing it first. Probably too much......

Discussion Topic  RE: Electrical wire (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Spam advertising is not allowed on this site!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Need advice on how to remove built in closet fixtures (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Hard for me to say without seeing it, but I would expect to cut the caulk or paint and then use a fl......

Discussion Topic  RE: Converting carport into room (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Your location is also important. Put it in your profile as I have done. A local contractor can prob......

Discussion Topic  RE: Fixing Improperly installed Iron Balusters (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Yes, I've done that, too. I put plastic panels on the unsafe balusters. I drilled holes in the plast......

Discussion Topic  RE: Fixing Improperly installed Iron Balusters (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Several times in my contracting days I was called upon to safety a stair railing. The usual request ......

Gee, epoxy holds just about anything to just about anything! It's possible that they tried to epoxy ......

May, the OP says the balusters are iron, so it is going to take more than a nail to fasten them - if......

Discussion Topic  RE: Closet for MBR (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Have you looked at Home Depot or your nearby big box store?...

Discussion Topic  RE: Tips on minor renovations on a potential home. (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
IMHO the front exterior looks weird. The trim looks pasted on. Changing that may not be expensive bu......

Discussion Topic  RE: matte floor tile .....what to do (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
One customer some years ago had "Mexican Pavers" on a heavily traveled area of the house. Mexican Pa......

Discussion Topic  RE: matte floor tile .....what to do (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
No, don't lay Pergo-type laminate over it. The laminate will break up. You may be able to use a floo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Protecting wood floors (heavy furniture) (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
At our last place we had a large, heavy, and top-heavy cabinet that had to be moved occasionally. We......

Discussion Topic  RE: Need advice on buying 1955 home... (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Visiting an unknown neighborhood on Sunday night is a good idea. Most people are home by then and yo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stopping Small Leaks in Exterior Polybutalene Main Pipe With Epoxy Putty (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Glad you found someone to do the repair for a reasonable price. I've been away from the computer mos......

» Refine Search
» New Search