Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 331
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (6620 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Love it or List It (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Please be aware that the HGTV staff do not read these forums....
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: painting faucets? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
One of the reasons manufacturers use this process is that setting up a paint spray booth nowadays co......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: painting faucets? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Paint with a brush at home? It will last for a while but then will look a bit tacky. If you ever hav......

Discussion Topic  RE: Seeking Oil-Rubbed Bronze Spray Hand held Shower sprayer (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
In our last place we installed one we got at Lowe's. Might also be available at Home Depot. A long h......

Discussion Topic  RE: Duck tape used to seal New Windows ......HELP (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Dry rot is actually a living fungus and will continue to grow if it isn't treated. I used to use a f......

Discussion Topic  RE: Need help with window replacement! (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
We have new PVC windows (single hung) and wide blinds on the inside and we are pleased with the way ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Wood trim, beams, floor (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
In our place in SoCA we had simulated wood beams in the family room and we finished them as rough wo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Wall vent slats (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Red has it right, but it depends also on whether the vent is low or high on the wall. No sense direc......

Discussion Topic  RE: Bamboo Floors (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I agree. Procrastinate and see what happens. I did that with a similar situation in a previous house......

Discussion Topic  RE: Electrical wire (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Spam advertising is not allowed on this site!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Need advice on how to remove built in closet fixtures (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Hard for me to say without seeing it, but I would expect to cut the caulk or paint and then use a fl......

Discussion Topic  RE: Condensation??? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Long shot but I have heard of something like this caused by bees invading the wall inside. If they s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Protecting wood floors (heavy furniture) (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
At our last place we had a large, heavy, and top-heavy cabinet that had to be moved occasionally. We......

Discussion Topic  RE: Paint Removal (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
That sounds like a LONG labor of love! Then finish it with shellac? IMHO shellac is not a permanent ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Painting kitchen cabinets? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
As to sheen, I prefer semi-gloss. Flat sheen will not be durable; gloss is too much IMHO....

Discussion Topic  RE: Painting kitchen cabinets? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Read the painting topic on my website at ......

Discussion Topic  RE: aging in place (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I should have said more in my previous post! In SoCA I did a lot of work for a mid-aged guy who was......

Discussion Topic  RE: aging in place (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Kim, realize that HGTV personnel don't read these forums; you need to contact them by posting to one......

Discussion Topic  RE: French door problem (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Not uncommon to have to pry on such doors to get them open. Typically a shove will do the trick. I w......

Discussion Topic  RE: Decorative stretch ceiling system (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I looked it up online and found several sites that feature it, but no real explanation of what it is......

» Refine Search
» New Search