Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 332
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (6621 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Repainting a textured wall (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Opinion: I have never been impressed with the paints from Home depot. Through an odd set of circumst......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: Repainting a textured wall (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Typically in a modern house the texture is in the drywall, not the paint. So sanding to lessen or re......

Discussion Topic  RE: Removing acrylic mirror wall decals (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Tell me more about these decals. Are they actually acrylic mirrors glued randomly on the wall? Or ar......

Discussion Topic  RE: hardwood flooring in Colorado (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
For what its worth, we installed prefinished bamboo floating floor from Lumber Liquidators and even ......

Discussion Topic  RE: kitchen Recessed lights placement ?? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
I installed "a few" of them when I was contracting. The formula I settled on was a rectangle spaced ......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: Windows (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Sizes? That depends upon the rough opening, doesn't it? Also on the local code, to some degree. No p......

Discussion Topic  RE: Carpet cleaning (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
More on this: The carpet cleaning company will know how to do the job so that there is no danger to ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Carpet cleaning (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Two suggestions: 1) Have a well-known carpet cleaning company do it. They will know what cleaning co......

Discussion Topic  RE: Replacement Window help (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
My experience with drafting programs is that they have a steep learning curve. I suggest that you lo......

Discussion Topic  RE: Help finding good contractor (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
First thing that comes to mind is "references" or recommendations. I started out as a handyman, adve......

Discussion Topic  RE: Bamboo Floors (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I agree. Procrastinate and see what happens. I did that with a similar situation in a previous house......

Discussion Topic  RE: Electrical wire (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Spam advertising is not allowed on this site!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Need advice on how to remove built in closet fixtures (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Hard for me to say without seeing it, but I would expect to cut the caulk or paint and then use a fl......

Discussion Topic  RE: Closet for MBR (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Have you looked at Home Depot or your nearby big box store?...

Discussion Topic  RE: Quonset Hut home (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I've never lived in a Quonset; I was in the Navy. But how do you handle the curved walls? Hanging pi......

Discussion Topic  RE: Interior Bead board ceiling - Help! (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
MDF gives off gas? Never heard that before. Can anyone confirm this?...

Discussion Topic  RE: Protecting wood floors (heavy furniture) (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
At our last place we had a large, heavy, and top-heavy cabinet that had to be moved occasionally. We......

Discussion Topic  RE: Painting kitchen cabinets? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
As to sheen, I prefer semi-gloss. Flat sheen will not be durable; gloss is too much IMHO....

Discussion Topic  RE: Painting kitchen cabinets? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Read the painting topic on my website at ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Enclosing carport to make a bedroom (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Neat way to add some square footage to a house, but as noted above, it will be sub-standard living s......

» Refine Search
» New Search