Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 331
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (6617 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Wood trim, beams, floor (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
In our place in SoCA we had simulated wood beams in the family room and we finished them as rough wo......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: Wall vent slats (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Red has it right, but it depends also on whether the vent is low or high on the wall. No sense direc......

Discussion Topic  RE: Question about shower pan material (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Lizbet, my wife colors her hair to avoid gray hair (like mine). She does it in our small bath or sho......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: replacing shower pan with tile (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
That is a major operation! Read the tile topic on my website at ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Fitting a boat in garage (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Fun story: A customer approached me once with a situation where the boat was just a few inches too l......

Discussion Topic  RE: Bamboo Floors (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
I agree. Procrastinate and see what happens. I did that with a similar situation in a previous house......

Discussion Topic  RE: stuck shower knobs?? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Give the PB Blaster or equivalent time to work, like overnight minimum. If the knobs are metal, odd......

Discussion Topic  RE: stuck shower knobs?? (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Try turning them back and forth gently using slip-joint pliers. The rocking motion may break them fr......

Discussion Topic  RE: Electrical wire (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Spam advertising is not allowed on this site!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Fixing Improperly installed Iron Balusters (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Yes, I've done that, too. I put plastic panels on the unsafe balusters. I drilled holes in the plast......

Discussion Topic  RE: Fixing Improperly installed Iron Balusters (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Several times in my contracting days I was called upon to safety a stair railing. The usual request ......

Gee, epoxy holds just about anything to just about anything! It's possible that they tried to epoxy ......

May, the OP says the balusters are iron, so it is going to take more than a nail to fasten them - if......

Discussion Topic  RE: stained ceiling (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
As said above, water stains are tough to cover, even with a stain blocker material. But know your ch......

Discussion Topic  RE: Condensation??? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Long shot but I have heard of something like this caused by bees invading the wall inside. If they s......

Discussion Topic  RE: Protecting wood floors (heavy furniture) (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
At our last place we had a large, heavy, and top-heavy cabinet that had to be moved occasionally. We......

Discussion Topic  RE: Painting kitchen cabinets? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
As to sheen, I prefer semi-gloss. Flat sheen will not be durable; gloss is too much IMHO....

Discussion Topic  RE: Painting kitchen cabinets? (in General Remodeling) by Bob Fleming
Read the painting topic on my website at ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stopping Small Leaks in Exterior Polybutalene Main Pipe With Epoxy Putty (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
Glad you found someone to do the repair for a reasonable price. I've been away from the computer mos......

Discussion Topic  RE: Stopping Small Leaks in Exterior Polybutalene Main Pipe With Epoxy Putty (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by Bob Fleming
I doubt that epoxy will stick to the plastic pipe. I think you need to talk to the manufacturer of t......

» Refine Search
» New Search