Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards    Search    Search Results
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 276
Go
New
Find
Tools
Search Results: (5505 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Removing older shower sliding doors, what do you fill holes with.. (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by conrad
Put a magnet on it? Often cast iron or steel depending. Most of that 60's vintage were cast iron...a......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Kitchens & Baths How-To

Discussion Topic  RE: Removing older shower sliding doors, what do you fill holes with.. (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by conrad
I used caulk softener/remover on my steel tub. On my Moms tub this was not completely successful so ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Questionable cleaning advice (in Cleaning & Organizing) by conrad
It is a bit like saying the dry carpet cleaner works as well as steam extraction. No comparison in m......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Cleaning & Organizing

Discussion Topic  RE: Questionable cleaning advice (in Cleaning & Organizing) by conrad
Or put one's sport bra in the freezer.....really wake a person up!...

Some truth to these, but more as odor neutralizers, in my experience. Vodka does actually work as......

Discussion Topic  RE: Getting our stuff to another state/ Moving companies? (in Buying & Selling Homes) by conrad
Thanks Sis2, I am thinking Alied here too. Still getting rid of stuff, but will call next week and h......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Buying & Selling Homes

Discussion Topic  RE: Getting our stuff to another state/ Moving companies? (in Buying & Selling Homes) by conrad
Thanks for all suggestions. It may be that we have the stuff all loaded up, but have to have the mov......

Thanks. Yes I am ruthless about getting rid of of stuff, especially books. Many books are reference ......

Just started reading more about self packing, container moving companies, REL? Seems there are other......

Discussion Topic  Getting our stuff to another state/ Moving companies? (in Buying & Selling Homes) by conrad
So much great advice here, so came to ask a question. We are paring down our "stuff", for a 9 hour m......

Discussion Topic  RE: deep house cleaning (in Cleaning & Organizing) by conrad
I know of what you are speaking. So many of our furniture pieces/book cases could not easily be move......

Discussion Topic  RE: Gettting the grease out!!! HELP! (in Cleaning & Organizing) by conrad
Call around and check? TSP is often a common item at the larger hardware stores too. Small ones coul......

Discussion Topic  RE: How to match towels to a specific paint color (in Kitchens & Baths How-To) by conrad
I agree, go with a contrasting color or white. Towels get washed ALOT, and even if you got the dye c......

Discussion Topic  RE: Remove caulking from painted bathtub (in General Remodeling) by conrad
Sure, go ahead and try the hair dryer. I would not be afraid of using a pretty hot hair dryer in one......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: Remove caulking from painted bathtub (in General Remodeling) by conrad
Try some latex caulk remover? Since the tub paint is no doubt an epoxy or at least solvent based, it......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > General Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: Weird Products from back in the day (in Cleaning & Organizing) by conrad
Before other acne creams, there was Cuticura? Came as a black tar soap and a black cream in a small ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Weird Products from back in the day (in Cleaning & Organizing) by conrad
We found and kept an old 1934 Ladies Home Companion magazine in our first home's attic. The ads are ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Sharing Good NEWS! (in Get It Sold) by conrad
Tentative closing is now the end of October. But it is not in stone, as we are currently building an......
HGTV.com > HGTV Message Boards > Get It Sold

Thanks all!...

Only about 550 miles. But we don't want to load and unload the larger furniture ourselves, plus driv......

» Refine Search
» New Search