Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shopping
Hop To Forums   Tacky or Trendy
  I hate the word CHEAP, why not use
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate the word CHEAP, why not use Sign In/Join 
posted
frugal, it sounds a little classier than cheap!
Tho cheap is fine, just thought perhaps the stigma sometimes hurts us.

Have a great day!!!!!

Shaddy

Posts: 249 | Registered: Oct 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Taught my kids, ANYONE can pay ultra retail for any item. But it takes persistence, patience, skillful shopping and brains to find true bargains.Wink

Posts: 9681 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Inexpensively crafted vs. inexpensively purchased have definite distinctions. I prefer the latter and always hunt for the best price on quality things. To pay full retail is to pay overly inflated prices. Frugal is a good word for it as is thrifty or just plain SMART. Smile

Posts: 18796 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Shrewd or Savvy shopper/decorator?

Posts: 9681 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
better to use the words low price or sale or 70% off original price.

Posts: 4 | Location: London | Registered: Jul 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I am always proud to say I got something, "cheap, thrifty, frugally, inexpensively, shrewdly, or it was a bargain!" If there is a stigma, I could care less. It takes skill and creativity to stretch a dollar, and I have admiration for people who can do it well....and are willing to share and teach me to do better!

Posts: 7284 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Inexpensive is my word.

When my BIL was building their home he mentioned using the "cheap" doors like in my house. I looked at him and said that my doors were inexpensive. He could use cheap junk if he wanted. Wink

Posts: 17424 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually just say i dislike something with a passion. for example I dislike shopping cheap brand accessories.

Safety Eyewear
Safety Helmet Manufacturer

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People should stop hating on people if they put on branded accessories because they are the ones who are making a big deal.

corporate gift

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Cheap and obnoxious is a good description for SPAMMERS who keep trying to sell their c-rap on threads like these.