Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Find Your Style
  Wall windows-Picture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wall windows-Picture Sign In/Join 
posted
I am so excited!! Just purchased our first home. Closing in 2 weeks. I need help with putting my furniture and decorating.
I have this beautiful family room that has 2 wall windows by the fireplace. I love them! The problem is the view. I see houses... barely few trees. I plan to plant lots of trees (Another question on how to do it will be posted.. haha) but I am wondering how should I decorate the windows or should I just leave them alone?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hnks,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
If you had no neighbors or privacy issues I would say leave them bare for the view.

But since you have neighbors I would go with plantation shutters half way up or curtains/shades and hang the drapery rod the same height the balcony railing hits the window in the photo, essentially cutting them in half leaving the top bare.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

wonderfulwindowsandsiding offer a wide selection of Hardie Plank exterior siding in the Houston and Southeast Texas area. Choose from lap siding, shingle siding, individual shingles and siding accessories in a variety of appealing styles and colors. they also help you for choose best window for your house.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: Dec 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wonderful12, sounds like an ad to me. Poster didn't mention anything about the exterior of the new home.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6167 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hnks, love your room. Zonelady9 gave some good advice.

Welcome to the boards. Looking forward to photos of your decorating.

As to furniture, keep in mind a focal point and traffic flow.

Have fun.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6167 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
Congrats, and welcome! Love the windows and I agree w/ZoneLady's comments.

Posts: 2769 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another option is putting decorative screen panels over the windows. That would solve the problem of seeing the houses while adding a modern flair to your home.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post