Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Find Your Style
  Help me pick my dining room table!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me pick my dining room table! Sign In/Join 
posted
Help! I am wanting to go modern/contemporary in my 1946 cottage dining room but should I go rectangle or round?

Thinking a Saarinen table or a glass rectangle...

Dining Room

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Since you have a three entry traffic flow situation, I would recommend a round table. Round tables have the added benefit of ease of conversational flow. Glass topped tables don't take up visual space too. Plexi chairs will do the same.

BTW, make sure you buy the correct size table allowing for pulling out chairs to sit or rise. Cut out a paper templet to assist with this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Froo Froo,

Posts: 18648 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another vote for round. It also complements the curve of the room.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Going with Round

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s great that you are going with round but if we think about the space which is there in the above pic is quite big so rectangle shape in glass will also look good.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Sep 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
wow, what a beautiful space you have. I just love it. Round sounds good to me too.

I would love to see more pictures of your beautiful home. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

Posts: 4687 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
Definitely not the Saarinen. Your dining room is not modern enough to pull off that look. I would go for a round table made of glass.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I hope Kimily, gives us an update soon. So would love to see more pics of this beautiful space.

Posts: 4687 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christina87
posted Hide Post
We would recommend a round table.
You can find this furniture for Discount Sale Now at http://homebestfurniture.com

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StylishBeachHome
posted Hide Post
This was from quite a while ago ... not sure if you get updates when people post. If you do, will you post an update?

Natalee
StylishBeachHome.com

Posts: 4 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jul 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post