Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Find Your Style
  Coastal Bedroom Decorating Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coastal Bedroom Decorating Help Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello Everyone,

I am a 24 year old male new to this forum and excited to meet everyone. I have been working on re-decorating my bedroom and could really use your advise on what style/design comforter I should go with to finish up this room. The walls are "pool house blue" and there are several silver accents throughout the room. I have attached a picture of the situation. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apost4,

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Nov 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
White plush comforter...then go to TJ Max they have throw pillows that are coastal-beachy.

Get a tall cylinder glass about 10 in. high put pebble pieces(dollar store) and layer with small rocks and sticks. Get a nice chunk of coral for your dresser.

Couldn't see the picture though hanging on the wall.

Your walls are dark as well as the furniture so accessories now have to be light and bright.

You've done good so far!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9299 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your tips. I completely agree with everything you said!!

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Nov 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
t everyone. I have been working on re-decorating my bedroom and could really use your advise on what style/design comforter I should go with to finish up this room. The walls are "pool house blue" and there are several silver accents throughout the room. I have attached a picture of the situation. Please

I agree on the white comforter! Maybe you could try a hawaii type theme since you have the shells going on in the lamp?

Best of luck! Smile

------------------------------------------
Unique collections of restoration style maps for a beautiful addition to your home decor!
http://restorationmaps.com

Posts: 18 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post