Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Find Your Style
  Decorating my New Living Room - Help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decorating my New Living Room - Help! Sign In/Join 
posted
I need help/suggestions for decorating our newly built home. Thought I'd start off with our living room. Any suggestions?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could add a coffee table in front of the couches? Also maybe a canvas hanging from the right wall?

Also I think I would prefer a longer and shorter table for the TV, maybe something very simplistic?

Best of luck! Smile

------------------------------------------
Unique collections of restoration style maps for a beautiful addition to your home decor!
http://restorationmaps.com

Posts: 18 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More pictures would be nice. Could you put the couch facing the love seat with the console table behind the couch. At the end of the love seat, an end table and lamp. Hang your TV on the wall and paint your console black like your console. I think you have a coffee table (black one) now....if you wanted to change that, get a glass one or use an ottoman to put your feet on. White drapes or sheers the same color as the walls would be nice. Then you would have room for a nice side chair at the ends of the couch/love seat facing the TV.

love life

Posts: 1569 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe some curtains or blinds for the windows will help the walls look less empty. And perhaps some family pictures on the wall (or artwork in general).

If you start there other stuff might start to fall in place.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This original post is almost one year old.

Posts: 7288 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post