Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Find Your Style
  decorating my cabinet from Ikea
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

decorating my cabinet from Ikea Sign In/Join 
posted
I bought a great cabinet from Ikea and want to make it more feminine. I'm thinking of shelf liners but am looking for other ideas.

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted Hide Post
Hi RobinsEgg123,

It depends on whether your cabinet has doors or is open shelving. It also depends what room the cabinet is located to figure out what you should do? Matching the style or theme of the room is important.

If there are cabinet doors, shelf liners are a great option. Also placing delicate feminine accessories/decorations on top of the cabinet will definitely let people know a woman uses it.

If it has open shelves, use the same trick of pretty decorations and accessories. Dedicate at least one of the shelves to having these type of items nicely placed. Accessories such as vases, candles, artwork, etc. are some different options.

Picture frames with favorite photos is also a great way to exemplify your personality and interests on the cabinet. Have fun and play with different ideas. All of the items don't necessarily have to be feminine. If you like them and they look good on the cabinet to you then that is all that matters.

Hope this helps,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KBTrendsMag,

Kitchen Bath Trends
www.kitchenbathtrends.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are two sites that have really nice ideas. You can decorate the back with wallpaper or wrapping paper. The first website shows how to used ribbon to decorate the shelving edge. Really pretty!

http://www.tislstyle.com/tisls...utch-diy-part-1.html

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.co...chen-yay-or-nay.html

Send pics! Love to see what you end up doing!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post