Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   Find Your Style
  Help! How do I decorate with these chairs without going overbaord on the red and blue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! How do I decorate with these chairs without going overbaord on the red and blue Sign In/Join 
posted
So I got these chairs reupholstered and they did not turn out as well as I would've hoped. But they cost a lot and I can't have them re-done again. So I'm wondering how do I decorate my living room with these chairs. I'd like to add other colors in so that red and blue don't overwhelm the space. My couches will likely be brown leather. I'm thinking of adding some aqua and maybe a yellow hue with pillows, rugs, etc. Please help and add pics for inspiration if you can. Thanks Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: reneev,

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll be the bad guy here. I'm speechless.
I don't have a clue what to say except have you thought about painting them??? I know, I know, it's mean but I can't see them with a brown couch.
Now that you hate me, try posting on the General Decorating board, gets a lot more traffic (and ideas) than this board which is about a show/posting site that may or may not exist anymore.
Again, I'm sorry, but I know how frustrating it is to have something that your lost about and on top of it having no one reply to your post.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. I posted on decorating board like you recommended. No, not going to try to paint them, I am going to try to sell them though. Thanks for your help! Smile

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ONLY think I can suggest is for you to put navy and red pillows on your brown couch and put the chairs across the room from the couch. I think you can carry it off....be careful of the drapes/curtains (maybe white) and the walls.

love life

Posts: 1515 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry your chairs didn't turn out as you expected.....think I'd bite the bullet and slipcover them.

Posts: 2865 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post