Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  On the Market!- and SOLD!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the Market!- and SOLD! Sign In/Join 
posted
So today we are officially on the market. I'm actually in Portland for my own house hunting trip. We had a stager come on Tuesday and worked all day yesterday on the finishing touches. My daughter continued working today until the photographer came to take the photos that will accompany the listing. (it's already up, just with no photos yet.)

The agent says it looks fantastic and she's sure it will go fast. The first actual showing is tonight.

We decided to board the dog while I'm gone, so my daughter won't have to worry about him and keeping the house up for showings. She's quite the trooper!

Meanwhile, she's finally gotten loan approval for her own house hunting ventures. The timing on this will be an adventure in and of itself.

More information later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomatoqueen,

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A showing already? How good is that! Be sure you keep us posted on how it goes... Both selling and buying.

Posts: 6733 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome Tomatoqueen. Hope it sells fast.
Is your daughter moving to Portland too? Good luck

Posts: 4585 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four more showings today and two more tomorrow. That's eight in the first three days.

The house definitely has got a lot of interest.

Here's a link: http://www.realtor.com/realest...row=5&ex=CO560035608

My daughter is not moving with us. Timing will be everything in this.

posted Hide Post
Tomatoqueen, Thanks for the update ~ please post a link for the listing when it is finalized. I can't wait to see the finished product and know how very hard you have been working... Smile

Enjoy house-hunting in Portland ~ Oregon, right? Not Maine? Portland (OR) has had an specially sunny spring so things should really be looking quite beautiful right now.

Glad to hear the news about your daughter's loan ~ sometimes I think that it's good when events propel us further down the road when, at times, we would be happy just to stay in the same old rut! Good luck to all of you - keep us up-dated! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IR- sorry, I don't know what you mean... post a link for the listing when it is finalized? Is there something wrong with the link I posted?

It should have 25 photos.

posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong at all, Tomatoqueen! It's just that your link wasn't up when I posted - look at the time stamps! It's here now and I'm off to have a look! Cool

posted Hide Post
Lovely, TQ!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's lovely TQ- it won't be available much longer. The MBR shows fabulous-your hard work sure paid off there.

Posts: 3055 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Your home looks fabulous!!!!

Posts: 3036 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful home!Smile

Posts: 168 | Location: Creve Coeur, Missouri | Registered: Jan 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elfie
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful! Good luck with the sale.

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jan 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: We are under contract now. We ended up with two offers to choose from. (Just below asking price after paying closing costs) It only took a week.

It's hard to believe that the market has changed that much in such a short time. I had friends in this neighborhood trying to sell just a year ago and it took forever and they had to take less than what they wanted.

In the week our house was on the market, we collected 14 different realtor cards (left after showings)- and some agents did not leave a card, so I'm pretty sure there were close to 20 in all. The house showed well, and the feedback we got indicated that the things buyers didn't like were also things we could do nothing about.

And in the end, it only takes one buyer who finds the house is right for them!

posted Hide Post
So happy to hear the good news, TomatoQueen! When is the closing? Cool

posted Hide Post
Oh, wow, congrats, TQ!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Closing is the end of July. This works for us, since our daughter still has to find a place to live. She's got her own challenges- she and her husband have prequalified for a loan, but there are few houses in her price range, and most of them need too much work and won't qualify for an FHA loan.

Add to that the time crunch of being out of the house by our closing date and.... well, she's got a tough road ahead.

posted Hide Post
Tomatoqueen, Sounds like a temporary six month rental might be the best solution for your dd so that she and her dh don't feel rushed into buying a place right now just because of the time crunch. If they start the lease August 1, it will be up at the end of January, just in time for homes that always come on the market every spring, and if they don't find the "right" place between now and then, they can always extend their lease. Cool

posted Hide Post
Congratulations Tomatoqueen-what an a great feat to be able to choose between 2 offers.

Posts: 3055 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So happy for you that it went fast. You may feel rushed for a bit but it is worth that to know it is sold.

Posts: 6733 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post