Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

grace period Sign In/Join 
posted
Closing on our house right now actually. The buyers want to see it tomorrow. I'm freaking out. It's a mess right now with packing going on and boxes and kids stuff eveywhere. The house is a mess. I'm afraid they'll take a closer look and change their mind. They bought it just by looking at pictures, never set a foot in it, trusted their realtor. We close on the house we are buying on Thursday. I'm terrified. It's such a small and old house with old windows. Can they change their mind after closing today?

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jan 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not an expert but from what I know, unless there is fraud or some such thing once there is a closings it is theirs. Think of it as buying a car. On e you paid for it and drove it off the lot you cannot return it for a full refund if you don't like the way the windows open, or feel it is too small.

They will know you are moving. Do not worry. They bought it sight unseen. What they see now is of no relevance to you.

Posts: 7288 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Here, on our sales contracts, buyers are entitled to final walk-through on or before the day of closing. If that clause was in your contract, and they missed that step before closing, I would say they would turn to their Realtor.
After closing, is another story,they own it--you do have to grant.I would simply say the house is a mess and I would not be comfortable.

HOWEVER... if you're still packing and closing, surely their is a clause to give you extra time to move...what does it say?? Does it say you have post occupancy for 1 day, 2, a week or what to move.
Let your Realtor handle this...and if you were confronted by the buyer at closing..tell them exactly that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9313 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post