Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  Adventures in Selling...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adventures in Selling... Sign In/Join 
posted
OK, this story is humorous.

We had a showing this morning. Later on, I went into the powder room, only to find something had been sprayed all over the mirror. I knew I hadn't left it that way. So I have a theory...

... Someone came to view the house, and upon leaving, decided to use the powder room. (not unheard of). Unfortunately, they found they had created an "unpleasant" smell in the process. Of course, we had staged the house, putting away any and all extras, including the air freshener that would normally reside in the bathroom.

Embarrassed, and not wanting to leave things that way, the house hunter searched down under the sink cabinet and pulled out an aerosol can and sprayed it into the room.

My suspicions were somewhat confirmed when I checked under the cabinet and found a can of Deep Woods Off haphazardly placed under the sink. It seems to confirm my suspicion.

Forget staging protocol. The air freshener is going on the counter for the next showing. Deep Woods Off is not easy to clean from a mirror.

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else have something "interesting" happen while your house was shown?

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, TQ! Does the bathroom have a fan? Tape a sign above the switch, "Fan. Feel free to turn it on if needed."

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post