Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  My daughter is searching for her first home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughter is searching for her first home Sign In/Join 
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rker321:
Of course the boyfriend can go on the loan, and so can you, or anyother person that wishes to invest with her.
But she will really need an atty for this one. don't do it on her own.
Partnerships are not unsual, when you are buying property.

Thanks ... we have offered our help even to co-sign but still the bankers say the credit score determines her interest rate. Doesn't matter about the co-signer or the down payment.

Posts: 2316 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgia Peach:
My daughter is 24 and looking to purchase her first home. She hasn't contacted any real estate agents in her area, just looking through real estate ads, craiglist ads, etc. If you were selling your home and was approached by her would you consider her as a potential buyer? She doesn't feel like she is being taken serious enough with her searches. I'm wondering if she doesn't need to talk with an agent.

I would recommend you this website http://chicago.localmart.com/apartments-for-rent/ It helped me a lot to find my apartment without an agent. Just choose the city your daughter would like to live and the price you are ready to pay. Or tell her to post here her advertising with the description of the flat she would like to live and write her contact information. Thousands will read it.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post