Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  We finally moved! And now we are selling... final pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We finally moved! And now we are selling... final pics Sign In/Join 
posted
We are listing our home in the country and just finished the updates on the bathrooms and got it staged. Now we just wait. The market is pretty hot in our area so hoping it will go fast.

You all have been with me on this journey of home buying and selling so thought you'd like to see pics of the final. We are getting the professional pics taken on Friday. Thanks!!!

Posts: 721 | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kitchen Eating Area

posted Hide Post
Living Room

posted Hide Post
Office Area - Looks much darker than it is - my camera doesn't like light coming in on it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: christyinco,

posted Hide Post
Master Bedroom

posted Hide Post
Master Bathroom - one of the facelifts we did.

posted Hide Post
christyinco, Congrats on the move and thanks for posting the photographs of the house you are now selling! I think it looks great ~ so clean and uncluttered. Great job!

I like the re-model of the master bathroom as well ~ looks like you have been very busy. One thing that came to me about that photograph was the empty space between the vanities. Maybe a small stool/bench, floor-based towel rack or, (my favorite) a 2-3 foot green plant would look good there?

Green plants like bathrooms ~ all that humidity and moisture ~ but not sure how practical it would be if you are no longer living there to care for it? In any event, good luck with selling and crossing fingers for a quick one. Keep us up-dated.... Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply gorgeous! Really! Truly stunning. Did you do that staging by yourself? It is just gorgeous!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Wow, it looks beautiful! I really like the two vanities in your master bath!

I am sure that prospective buyers will love it!

Posts: 3036 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lavern2
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pics - Kitchen is gorgeous...

Love the lack of clutter in all of the rooms.

Best wishes for a speedy and reasonable offer!!! Smile

Posts: 1026 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: Jan 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who just bought, I find your house inviting and that is what is important. I would not do anything. If you are priced right you should sell fast. Keep us posted.

Posts: 6733 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Very nice, you should have no problem selling.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Pictures are a bit too dark..I would consider doing them again. Lovely home.

Posts: 9182 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REL, I agree on both counts.

christyinco, I took it that the photographs you posted were simply quick ones that you snapped to show us what you had done re cleaning/staging AND the professional ones to be used in the actual listing were to be taken later that week.

Right? Or did I not understand what you were saying? In any event, would love to see the listing as I figure it is up by now if you would like to share the mls number with us.

No downside to that ~ potential buyers might move a lot faster if they see a large number of people interested in your house! As always, best wished for a quick sale.... Cool

posted Hide Post
Yes - they were pics I took quickly. Here is the listing....

http://www.Obeo.com/781507

We've been up for 10 days and no showings. What does that tell you? We are rural so I expect more time, but we were also aware that the market had been pretty good. We are not living in the house and it was professionally staged so I'm not changing anything at this point. The only thing I would consider is new outside pictures now that the snow melted, but waiting for the leaves to start showing on the trees. That's a big deal here in Colorado.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful home! Good luck with your sale!

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
christyinco, Thanks for posting the link and "those" photographs were much better than the quick snaps you took! Smile

But, I have a real problem with your agent's "tour"?! What tour (meant to attract buyers) starts with 2 exterior front views and then enters the house through the mudroom???? Censored

I'm afraid you are losing potential buyers right there. The photographs you already have are fine; now, add a close-up of the front door and several of what you see when you step in the house ~ from the front door! And start the tour over....

Front exterior, front door, front rooms making your way into the kitchen/family area. Then the bedrooms, bathrooms and THEN out the mud room to the outside. You have a beautiful home and property but your agent's presentation is completely sabotaging your listing. And, btw, I would lose the "bedroom" photograph that shows a corner of the floor and wall (?) as well as the close-up in the laundry room that shows the scuffed wall ~ are those two photographs there to SELL this house?

You have a wonderful property and home and I don't think that it is too much to ask your agent to take the time to present it properly as it deserves. JMHO

Good luck and keep posting. Cool

ETA: She also needs to change her written description that starts with "Exquisite re-model on 40 acres" as well ~ makes one wonder why it needed to be "re-modeled" and what work is still left to be done? Instead start with "Exquisite (beautiful or whatever) home on 40 acres ~ you can mention the up-grades you have done later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idaho Resident,

Picture of radiolady
posted Hide Post
you said it well, that realtor's tour thing was awful. What do they do when they DON'T want to sell a home, I wonder! Ugh.. pictures of some wall, what the heck is that? they're awful. The photos the OP took were a better showing than the realtors. How dumb can they BE? And that description also, "Idaho Resident" is correct, why did the realtor write "remodel" it's as if they're stating "it was real garbage before, now it's acceptable". Your realtor is really dumb.. really, really dumb.

John 1:8

Posts: 8 | Location: Houston | Registered: Jan 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post