Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

more on foreclosure Sign In/Join 
posted
Thank you for the advice offered to my earlier question. We have contacted the bank to ask for a contact number in case any issues arise. They denied the home was in foreclosure and were frankly very rude. That's okay because that was my answer. I know this is false because they sent someone out to winterize and change the locks. The lawyer's office handling the case was very receptive until I listed two issues with the house. No response from them after that. Again, that is fine. Code Control is on the case! I had a long discussion with their representative and we will make sure the home does not deteriorate and/or become a hazard.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like it is NOT in foreclosure - it may have been at one time but now, from what you say about the locks, etc., it sounds like bank owned property.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Chuck Steak. I am not totally up on the correct terms. I called the house a foreclosure because that is what my original questions was concerning and the fact that it is listed as such in county court records. Not sure if the bank actually owns it yet because the tax records have not reflected a change in ownership. All we know is that it is empty and has not been maintained for well over a year at the time the owner vacated and was poorly maintained for years prior to that.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post