Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  Rant...final rant I hope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rant...final rant I hope Sign In/Join 
Picture of rubyruby
posted
REL, IR I'm copying and pasteing a post I made on the Under Contract thread here. And posting the email exchange from Friday here. Scroll to the bottom of the post and work your way up. Hold on to your hats....freaking just blows me away. I'll write in Caps what makes me so mad and makes me scratch my head. k.

H's name is very common and attorney needed hubs social security number to verify that "judgements" we're not for hubby, but some other person. The email he sent shows the time it was written at 2:20 on Friday. (we have no judgments on us fyi) So what if we would have, what does this have to do with selling our home? So, I'll make sure the names are taken off email. I'm just floored the whole process has sucked. And if the Attorney is just now doing the title search with our closing on the 19th, he is a fool. Lazy fool too.

To Rubyruby

OMG, ITS THIS RESPONSE BELOW THAT FLOORS ME...ARE YOU f'N KIDDING ME?

You are qualified for loan based on information YOU provided mtg co. They have done no research to learn whether you have debt. They have taken your word for everything. I know you are honest and good but atty's must document and prove everything!!

Sent from my iPad

Have a thankful heart

On Jul 12, 2013, at 9:54 PM, Ruby ruby wrote:

> all good...but Madam Realtor, why does he need this for our selling this house....really? none of these issues came up as an issue as we are preq'd for a 350k loan for a new house...dont u think think this would have come back with our new loan being underwritten and approved? I've had my s#!T together for months. And the attorney isn't doing his job, in my humble opinion. Seriously.
>
>
> From: Realtor
> To: Rubyruby
> Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:35 PM
> Subject: Re: Seller Hubby
>
> He sent it to me at 5:41. (UTTER HOGWASH HERE...TOTAL BS.) come by and drink some wine any time this wknd. Do not stress. It solves NOTHING!
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> Have a thankful heart
>
> On Jul 12, 2013, at 7:41 PM, Rubyruby wrote:
>
>> I'll call him on monday.......wish I'd gotten this before 5pm today...so I could have handled it before the weekend and not be stressed. Tell him he can call me directly with issues. Frown(((( stress I don't need.
>>
>>
>> From: REaltor
>> To: ATTorney
>> Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:30 (I'M JUST NOW BEING SENT THIS AT 7::30, THOUGH SHE CLAIMS SHE GOT AT 5. CHAPS MY BUTT.
>> Subject: Re: Seller's Hubby
>>
>> Rubyruby, please provide hubby's SSN to Lawyer.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> Have a thankful heart
>>
>> On Jul 12, 2013, at 2:24 (TIME STAMP WHEN SENT 2;24PM) PM, Mr Attorney wrote:
>>
>>> Miss Realtor:
>>>
>>> The title search has revealed three (3) judgements against a Mr. Seller. Accordingly, I will need his SS# and his address for the last three (3) years to verify that hopefully these are not against him.(UH, SHOULDN'T HE HAVE SOME SORT OF PAPERWORK ON HIS DESK SHOWING THAT WE'VE BEEN IN THIS HOUSE FOR 6 YEARS AND SOMETHING ALREADY ON HIS DESK WITH OUR SOCIALS?) The name is fairly common so chances are that are not on him but I need to verify. Any assistance you could provide would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, rubyruby, I read through all of the e-mails you posted here and partially answered some of your questions on your other thread so this is a continuation from there.

First, I have to say that real estate laws are specific to the laws of the state where the property is located and, then, even more specific to the exact locale so what I might post may or may not be applicable to your specific situation but here are a few ideas re the frustrations you are encountering in addition to those I addressed in the other thread.

1. The fact that you have qualified for a new pre-approved mortgage has absolutely NO bearing on the sale of your existing house which is what the closing attorney is trying to facilitate.

2. Any debts or whatever may have been disclosed in obtaining the new mortgage committement are irrelevant and chances are good that you are dealing with two completely different corporate entities. Apples to oranges; the closing attorney needs to be able to verify a clear title to the new buyers. That's all...

3. The time frame? Although I would hope that a preliminary title search was done much earlier in the process (was it?), the truth of the matter is that five days prior is more than enough time AND I would hope that the final approval would not be given until shortly before the closing actually occurs. And by that, I mean literally hours.

A lot can change in the five days leading up to a closing ~ bankruptcy filings, divorces, judgments and many other matters as well. So, as frustrating as it might seem, rubyruby, I think this closing attorney is actually doing his job and doing it well.

Crossing fingers here that it will go off without a hitch and you are headed to Houston when it does! Cool

Posts: 6492 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
Thanks IR, and no...I think he's just now doing the title search...but what do I know. Well, now I feel awful, not that I was ugly--just frustrated.

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
how can I delete this whole thread?

posted Hide Post
No need to delete the thread, rubyruby; in fact, I think it is a valuable thread because many may not understand the many steps necessary to sell real property. I, for one, am glad you posted it....

As for the timing, it is important that the final title examination be done very close in time to the closing itself ~ think all of us can understand that, as buyers, we want and deserve a clear title to our new home AND, as sellers, we want to know that no problems will follow us after the sale is closed.

Rubyruby, don't feel bad; you are only expressing frustrations many feel during the selling process but I think once the closing is done, you are going to be so happy ~ and thankful that you had a closing attorney who did his job (even though you had to pay him!) Smile

It's all in the process but sometimes it goes smoother than others. Look at it this way, you are going into buying your new home in Houston a whole lot more knowledgeable than when you left MS! Cool

Posts: 6492 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love these boards. I learn things all of the time here. Thanks, IR, for giving us a glimpse as to the reasoning why.

Hang in there, ruby. We're with you all of the way.

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
same name affidvits are common in the real estate world. It happens often to clear record through verification of socials and debt.

Quite normal don';t stress..if you were the buyer you would want to know the Title co., closing attorney is doing their job to warrant clear title, after all it would come back and hit them in the face, as they are guaranteeing clear title.

As a seller, you would want verification that you are in the clear as well. A judgement, break in chain of title or other recordings of record including assessments, missed by the title company can send the new buyers directly to an attorney to file a lawsuit against parties to closing.

Be happy you have good professional title services working in your and the buyers behalf.

Posts: 9242 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post