Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  Anyone on the market?? Moving??? Buying???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone on the market?? Moving??? Buying??? Sign In/Join 
Picture of CJO
posted
We will HOPEfully be in our new house around Easter!!!! That will be around the six-month target. Seems like it has been soooo long since ground was broken.

They still have the following to do:

carpets in bedrooms
hardwoods in living/dining
lots of touch-up painting
appliances installed
a few boo-boos to repair
alarm system to finish
a ton of clean up

This is supposed to be our retirement home, but who knows???!!! ')

Posts: 2785 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Good Luck to you, hope you get to spend Easter in your new home! It sounds very exciting!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're building a condo(almost done) back in Mi. Funny thing is we thought we'd head back to Mi to list our home in early April. 2 1/2 wks ago I responded via email to someone i heard was looking for a home on our lake, who had already sold and closed his former home last fall. Sent pictures, arranged for my son to open house and show it. That very night his Realtor emailed us a full price offer. This buyer is paying his agent the 3% commission on top of sale price as price we quoted was with no Realtor. Inspections done and approved with no repairs, appraisal done, and have rec'd the title committment. Now we head back early to Mi on 3/23 to get ready to move.
How sweet is all of this?? Considering I never left Fl and didn't de clutter, clean out closets, etc. before we left for Fl last Oct. We are feeling so blessed and darned lucky.

Posts: 3055 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"mamaspoon," CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally!!!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
momaspoon; CONGRATS for a no-drama sale! Those sure don't happen often Wink

Will MI be your permanent home?

Posts: 2785 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, CJO, we will continue to spend 5-6 months of yr in FL and the balance in MI. However if I run low on funds, lose my reasonable good health or get too old to do the 2 homes and back and forth, then Mi would be our permament home.

Posts: 3055 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
CJO, just curious if the building of a custom home has been a good experience for you? We are considering a custom build when we move. Any tips? In fact that would be a great post on here if when you found any time to put together a hit list of building your own dream home! I'd love to know how I could detour any headaches and drama before it happens. Congrats on being in your home....hope you are on schedule and can enjoy a wonderful Easter Din din in your new digs!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Oh, geezz..Mama..with this Florida cold snap..can barely keep my bones warm. Don't know how I ever grew up in Baltimore. Hol-y Cow!

Posts: 9182 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
...and if I move it is going to be south of Tampa Bay, Florida!

Posts: 9182 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of marksteve09
posted Hide Post
Hey do upload the pics of your new house. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: marksteve09,

Posts: 1 | Location: 264, Bishop, CA, USA, 90243 | Registered: May 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to sell, but met with real estate agent recently and house is not worth more than I paid for it 8 years ago, and so it's not in the cards right now. Wish it was, would love to get out of this HOA neighborhood.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Feb 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by earthlings3:
Would love to sell, but met with real estate agent recently and house is not worth more than I paid for it 8 years ago, and so it's not in the cards right now. Wish it was, would love to get out of this HOA neighborhood.

I wouldn't let that stop you. If you are that unhappy in your current situation, perhaps it's time to cut your losses and find a neighborhood that better suits your needs. Life is too short...

Posts: 5166 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post