Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  What to expect from listing agent.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to expect from listing agent. Sign In/Join 
posted
What do you expect from a listing agent? We put the house on the market a week ago (pics added to listing last Friday) and nothing. We are listed on all usual websites, but not even a showing. Going to call our agent tomorrow, but should I even be worried? We've actually had a pretty good market here near Denver, but since this house is more rural it might take longer. I'm used to quick sells having lived closer in town with other homes we've owned.

Guess I'm just wondering when you make a move price wise and if our agent should be doing more.
I should add that we haven't had fliers made and aren't on her website yet. She's an independent broker, but we've known her many years and have done several transactions with her.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: christyinco,

Posts: 720 | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christy, does your agent routinely work in that area? Is it in the same board of realtors, association and/or working group as the Denver metro area? It can make a huge difference, IMHO.

Have you checked out the traffic at area open houses - hopefully new listings for your competition? Before pricing your home, did your agent present you with the standard CMA form, i.e. a market analysis?

Did you request and/or receive a written marketing plan?

One suggestion: if things don't improve and your agent is out-of-area, you may wish to consider asking her to associate in a local agent. Sounds like you have a good working relationship and can work everything out.

Good Luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BearCat49,

Posts: 168 | Registered: Sep 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Takes a couple two to three weeks to get everything rockin and rollin.......but houses do sell in the first week. Have your Realtor email you a copy of the listing "as it appears in the local MLS." Then think like a buyer and see if you would buy it. Examine that listing. If not appealing -why? photos? wording? Presentation? Staging?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9179 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
christyinco, Would you consider posting the MLS so we can see exactly what other potential buyers might be seeing when they view your listing? I know that for myself, I would particularly like seeing the new actual photographs used and the verbal description. No showings AT ALL since listing a new property in that particular area would indicate to me, IMHO, that something isn't right ~ hard to tell unless we can see the listing itself as others are viewing it. Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, just viewed the listing and it confirmed that "something wasn't right" ~ like the entire so-called "tour" starting with the mudroom! Censored

You deserve better than that "presentation" and am glad to hear that you have a good relationship with your agent. Presumably she will take steps to correct the problem ASAP before too many other potential buyers just skip right by your listing.

Thanks for posting the link: as always, best of luck! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post