Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  Update: Moved out-Moved in (partly)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: Moved out-Moved in (partly) Sign In/Join 
posted
This week we finally moved out of our home. It was a mad rush to get everything cleaned up and my daughter out. Her new home is still not ready to live in, so she has stuff in storage, partially in the new place and they are staying with friends. Not ideal, but they'll make it work.

(their house was a cat pee mess... replacing all flooring and some drywall, as well as a complete bathroom renovation)

Meanwhile- I've arrived at my new place. The furniture and possessions are somewhere in transit. We've downsized by about 1100 sf so I am not sure we've gotten rid of enough stuff. But I'll find out soon.

It was worth it. In spite of the quick sale and all the help provided through the relocation package, it was a long, hard journey to get here.

Now I'm just wishing the best for my daughter.

Posts: 6101 | Registered: Jul 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here, TomatoQueen, good wishes for your new life experiences and the best to your daughter as well. Cool

Posts: 6492 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is always nice to hear from you. I am sure all will go well for both of you. Especially you who will have fun(most of the time) decorating a new place.

Posts: 6990 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best to you and your family -

Posts: 490 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post