Message Boards

Guidelines

  • Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

  HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Buying & Selling Homes
  I don't think she wants to sell!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I don't think she wants to sell!!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of indycatCarol
posted
Her asking price was $129,000. (house has been on the market for 111 days). I offered her $119,000 with closing in 30 days.
She countered with $129,900 and closing in 40 days and she stays for another week after closing. She also offered $1000 toward closing. I countered with 129,900, closing in 2 mos and I take possession at closing and I take the closing cost she offered. She came back that she removed the $1000 but accepted all the other items.
Her realtor thinks her financial adviser at the bank is telling her to let the house go back to the bank and eventually into foreclosure.
So I just put in another offer of $129,900, closing Sept. 15 and possession Sept. 16th and I get her late husbands electric scooter chair and transport chair that she was going to have to try and sell.
If she doesn't accept this I'm going to tell the old lady where she can put her offer. LOL!


I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/
 
Posts: 3434 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am getting confused? As I remember it you had a house to sell on acreage and then also just land. You had already bought another house. But I must be remembering it wrong. Or are you selling and buying again?
 
Posts: 6725 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, indycatCarol, I don't know the background of this transaction but it sure sounds like the negotiations are all going in the seller's favor on this one. If I'm reading it correctly, you've now agreed to give her $900 over the asking price, 60 days until closing, no closing help from her but for her to throw in a used scooter and chair? Is buying this place worth that to you?
 
Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
Typing mistake, no $900 extra.
My house in Greentown is still on the market. I bought a home in Noblesville to be near my daughter as the farm was getting too much for me to take care of and because my daughter was having some heart problems. Three mos. ago she got married so now he can take care of her and they would also like to move to a bigger house now that there are 2 of them. There is also a company coming into our housing addition buying 2 story homes to rent. (Not the smaller 1 story that my daughter and I have) They have already bought 16 houses. I'm thinking, there goes the neighborhood.
The house I'm trying to buy is a 55 and over community where my twin sister lives. I know 3 or 4 of the ladies already because I've been going to their red hat meetings. 3 or 4 of the ladies there are also sewers and quilters so I will have ladies I can interact with. Also, the "old" people there don't set off fireworks for no reason like my neighbors do here. At the "new"house, they will take care of the outside of the house and grounds and they have a pool and club house.


I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/
 
Posts: 3434 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh, now I understand. Assuming you have checked comps in the community and $129000 is the max price I think you are through with this one. There will be another that will come along shortly.
 
Posts: 6725 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
It seems obvious to me, that the seller may need money to move from her closing proceeds. Not a bad move to ask for time after the closing for more reasons than that including...making sure the closing happens before packing, and keeping stress levels down.

If you want this house, try to give her some time-a week or two (without rent)to see if that helps in your negotiations.
 
Posts: 9181 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
We started these negotiations July 10th. I'm giving her till Sept. 15 for closing and her out by Sept. 16. That gives her 60 days. If that ain't enough she needs to take it off the market.
We think it still boils down to her bank adviser wanting her to walk away and let it go into foreclosure.(What her realtor has said she thinks)
I've given her everything she wants so I'm not sure why she may think it won't happen at closing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: indycatCarol,


I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/
 
Posts: 3434 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Well that doesn't make sense that her bank advisor wants her to go into foreclosure, when she has a ready, willing and able buyer, unless she owes more than your offer.

What does you agent say?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,
 
Posts: 9181 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
Her agent said she owes the $129,000, that's why she needed full price.

BUT, my realtor called me about 2 hrs. after I posted this that we have a verbal acceptance from her for my last offer. So, looks like this might be a go afterall. My realtor said she made a strange comment to her realtor that she liked my sister and I when we were there looking at her house (she came back home early). I had told her I was sorry we were still there but I was sitting enjoying the "feel" of her home.


I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/
 
Posts: 3434 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope it works out for you, indycatCarol ~ keep us up-dated! Cool
 
Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Ah, making more sense why she was talking to the banker about foreclosure.

. if she owes 129,000 there is no room for her closing costs (Realtor Comm., Doc fees, etc. possible back payments, poss. deliq. RE taxes~~~~ UNLESS~~~~ she is bringing money to the closing table, otherwise"may" prepare to buy this property as a short sale.

I would get verification of figures through a title company or RE attorney asap. Suggest a red flag here -- not to tie yourself up in a "unknown zone" closing. What if they come to you at the last minute..or even at closing .and say..well there is no money for her costs??** Do you want to pay such and such, if so we can proceed to closing? HAPPENS! Be cautious.

Her accepting your $129,000 offer is NOT necessarily a good thing, without her mortgage estoppel info., and verification from her agent that she has closing funds. I would think it might be a good idea to put your escrow deposit with your buyers Realtors office, if possible.
Check with your Realtor who knows your State Real Estate Laws, including foreclosure and short sale laws.

What is a little baffling to me, is where does your Realtor think sellers' costs is going to come from. Here are the choices; A) possible short sale 2) seller may have her closing costs funds and will bring to closing 3) Realtors may be asked to reduce commission to help seller defray her costs 4) they may ask for your money help with closing costs, at some point during processing, including closing.

Realtors here by law in Florida MUST disclose "SHORT SALE" required language to the public and other Realtors in MLS.

Buyer Beware.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,
 
Posts: 9181 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for professional opinions on this you could also use RESAAS, a platform where only official realtors answer questions. Give that a go here: http://rebla.st/qbxxhkt

Hope it helps! Smile
 
Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
I was kind of under the impression that we have a few "official realtors" here but thanks for the suggestion.


I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/
 
Posts: 3434 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol, IMHO nothing's "official" online.

If you need an official answer about your RE matters, I suggest you contact your agent. He/she can advise you about your local market and should understand your situation far better than any mb poster(s).

OTOH, if you either don't trust or have confidence in your agent's abilities, that might be the most important issue for you to address.

Hope everything works out for you -
 
Posts: 414 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

HGTV.com    HGTV Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Real Estate  Hop To Forums  Buying & Selling Homes    I don't think she wants to sell!!!!