HGTV Message Boards
Variety in Programing

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9181061534/m/2503952767

Jan 27, 2013, 06:05 PM
Variety
Variety in Programing
When I first starting it was all craft shows, then design to sell, now it is mostly house hunters. Is there a reason we can't have a variety of programing I love all the design shows, some craft, curb appeal, crashers, and a very few house hunters.
I'm begging please give us variety
Feb 01, 2013, 12:09 PM
Carolyn EG
I couldn't agree more. What has happened to the programming? It is all House Hunters, Property Brothers and Love it or List it. BORING!! Give us more variety.
Feb 06, 2013, 06:08 PM
craftaholicgranny
Ditto on couldn't agree more. Now there is NO craft shows, no decorating on a budget, its all buying and selling. It should be a real estate channel.

Sherri Kerst
Feb 08, 2013, 12:52 AM
JAB DYI
Enough with the buying and selling and renting! My favorite shows focus on real design and decor for and by real people. Not near enough Dear Geneieve, Sarah's House, and Rehab Addict. And where are gardening and landscaping. What happened to Curb Appeal? Programming is adrift. Certainly do not need another good looking guy cramming an over the top remodel into 18 minutes!
Feb 08, 2013, 04:14 PM
decorategirl
I would love to see more decorating shows, especially decorating on a budget. It would be great to see more Sarahs House, High Low Project, Decorating Cents & Design on a Dime. I also wish they would show them at night instead of real estate and remodeling shows.
Feb 09, 2013, 10:54 PM
Mrsdouger
I am so tired of the real estate shows and the constant reruns every night. Bring back the design and gardening shows.
Feb 13, 2013, 11:24 AM
cgazurian
I agree. I am so tired of Love It or List It and House Hunters that I could scream! What happened to decorating? I miss Sarah, Sabrina, Genevieve, Candice, Vern, David!!!!

I did like Kitchen Cousins until they change to Cousins on Call. Now all they are doing is stuff for celebrities and rich people!
Feb 16, 2013, 09:49 PM
houzzie
I registered on this site for the sole purpose of pleading with HGTV programmers to air new shows! As mentioned in other posts this is not REAL ESTATE TV it is Home and Garden TV. I suppose that doesn't matter anymore, considering The Learning Channel does air Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. I am not a particularly crafty person but I would like to see more crafts or DIY projects and of course more designer shows. Sarah Richardson is my FAVE. I am hoping that, while HGTV has been on autopilot, they have been working on bringing us some fabulous new shows.
May 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
sallybeth
Totally agree with variety! Especially daytime shows - absolutely no variety, say Property Virgins all morning and Love it or List it all afternoon. If HGTV wanted to lose viewers they surely are going about it the right way!