Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Sarah's House
  How I wish she would come to the Midwest, USA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How I wish she would come to the Midwest, USA Sign In/Join 
Picture of jimzmum
posted
The problem, well one of them, with HGTV is that none of the design shows look at my area. I would love to have Sarah come and have fun with my house. So many possibilities.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow". Anonymous

Posts: 2952 | Location: Metro St. Louis Area | Registered: Oct 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A two hour design consultation with one of Sarah's design team members is $800. plus traveling expenses from Toronto. So getting Sarah herself is propbably pretty pricey.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles D:
A two hour design consultation with one of Sarah's design team members is $800. plus traveling expenses from Toronto. So getting Sarah herself is propbably pretty pricey.

Interesting information, Charles! My 2 hour consultation fee is $125 - interesting to see the difference - not that I'm saying they're not worth it, just interesting.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Doodles. The reality is that it is impossible to get Sarah or Candace for that matter.Sarah ofen doesn't even meet the clients whose homes she's doing on her show, and the deal is that she does what she wants anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to be a design dictator?

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles D:
Welcome back Doodles. The reality is that it is impossible to get Sarah or Candace for that matter.Sarah ofen doesn't even meet the clients whose homes she's doing on her show, and the deal is that she does what she wants anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to be a design dictator?

Thanks, Charles. Yes, in this economic climate the majority of us design professionals are doing well to just keep busy enough to keep the wolf from the door, so to speak. I've had a couple things fall into my lap lately so am making hay while the sun shines. I do refuse to work with snotty clients, though. Or at least so far I've been able to stick to that, and feel blessed to be able to do so.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post