Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JSB, reporting for you Sign In/Join 
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted
The cabinet to the left of the fridge is just a cabinet. Not a pantry, I opened and peeked, they had a few pots and pans in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 45 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Chance you got to visit. WOW!

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5646 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did indeed. Along with 3 dreamers from Florida.
It's a lovely home, well designed and manageable. Loved the kitchen!
I drove over Donner pass in a storm, lots of snow. Not my idea of fun. But we made it. Gracious people in the club house,opened for those that toured. It really was very nice.
I'm not a golfer or a skier so the are doesn't hold a lot of appeal. But it's a very nice development. Unlike those of the past this area is built out and many homess in the process of being built.
The dream home is a nice juxtaposition of industrial chic and classic Tahoe cabin. Sounds not so compatible,but it truly is.
Third dream home tour for me, looking forward to next yeR. Wherever it is, me and my dreamer friends will tour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 45 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
How exciting, so glad you were able to tour and pass on the good information. I was hoping to as I am just down in So. Cal, but the timing just did not work, unless a miracle happens in the next few days while tours are still open. We really enjoyed Sonoma.

I have taken the pass in the winter, but at least it has greatly improved since the Donner party.

Who toured with you?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5646 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Henner, big ruby, kidrn were with me.
Big ruby and I have toured St Mary's Sonoma, and Tahoe.
Kidrn st Mary's and Tahoe
Henner Mexico beach, that was an insider tour as there were no public tours on that one, sonoma st Mary's , and Tahoe. Mexico beach was the first gathering of DH dreamers.
We all became friends on this board over ten years ago and have continued to visit one another over the years and tour dream homes when we can get it together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chance-in-hell,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's how I roll.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Wish i could have gathered with you all in Sonoma. We were there Valentines weekend that year. Wish we could have come to Tahoe as well, just a few hundred miles away. My work schedule just did not permit and now this is the last few days to tour. Can always hope to see it as a winner.

Glad you all had such a great time, getting to go together would have made it extra special.

How big are the cabinets next to the fridge? I know you mentioned a few pots and pans stored there.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Still kitty
posted Hide Post
So glad you got to go on the tour. I am only a couple of hours from the DH too, but just didn't have the time. I too visited the Sonoma DH, which I really loved, and the Islamorada DH. Was really hoping to see this one, being so close to me. Were you able to take pictures? The personal tour pictures are always so much better.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Sep 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Chance, we would love to see pictures

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Newtothesouth
posted Hide Post
Nursejudy, I love how all your posts are always so positive and encouraging!

Posts: 20 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Thank you Newtothesouth, glad you are here to dream with us.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Hi Chance!

Thanks for snooping...

And I must say that I am disappointed in the lack of thought & attention to detail. Seems that cabinet is hinged on the wrong side for kitchen use.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Wish we had some pictures. Dreamers pictures are always so good!

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I miss all the trip reports.

Except for Chance's, I haven't seen a single one.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Wish i could have toured.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥