Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memories of our Beachlady....;) Sign In/Join 
Picture of GreenAlice
posted
Thinking on our dear departed MB friend....for over 10 years a constant source of fun and joy in dreaming on all things Dreamhome....picturing her on a heavenly beach...at peace. Please post memories of Beachy as we remember the wonderful things she added to this board. Cool

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7418 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Thinking on her horsey purse....

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I found 77 pages of funny,and some not so funny, messages. It mentioned Beach Lady having had surgery in 2008 and missing us as told to us by BeeMyBee. Then, I found this in 2010 in another post from her....

"And I agree....I hope we don't lose this message board either. I have such fond memories of this place & this is where it all began. Of course I may not know what you all look like & I don't really care because I fell in love with your hearts first Group Hug

Namaste
Originally registered Feb 2004 -then- gumby took me down
Lifetime winner of Jack Thomasson ♥

♫ Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul ♫

Life is worth nothing without your dreams and passion. "

Sometimes reading these are like taking out old letters and remembering...... The funniest one I recall....BeachLady wouldn't let one of my posts go off the MB. I tried everything to make a mistake disappear. Beachlady found me trying to change the TITLE of the post, to bring it back to the top of the list. It was quite funny. It was discovering that laughing at oneself as being quite important.

Posts: 5237 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Our beachy brought the fun to our Dreamhome dream. She always found a way to make us laugh.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5679 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Cruz
posted Hide Post
We will miss you dearly (((BeachLady))). We love you!

In God's love,
Don, Shelly & D2

** Member of the K.E.W.L. Jewel Club **

Posts: 892 | Registered: Mar 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Don and Shelly,
I was looking for your email address to make sure you knew. So glad you are here to honor our Beachlady.
Blessings,
Judy

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5679 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Finally located ol pic from past BOLO season, with Beachlady pulling our her meganocs from horsey purse to do surveillance for the cause....best darn pair she could muster...never will be the same BOLOing without her....could not figure how she got them to fit in horsey but that was part of the wonder of Beachlady! Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GreenAlice,

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Great memories Greenalice.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Yes there are so many, I wish others would share...it's kind of like I almost expect Beachy to post herself, but was thinking on a very silly PM we had a couple years back when her puter died and she was sharing her library computer experiences with me prior to getting laptop from son, there was a frequent guy who would sit by her and take his dentures out and literally leave them on worktop just inches from Beachlady....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....any how you can imagine how she found humor in such a thing...Razz We had great fun running away with google images of teeth removal...so I like to think on her wonderful sense of humor no matter the circumstances....and I know despite her health issues this board was therapeutic for her playful side...

Beachy this one is for you....Big Grin

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
another fun Memory Alice.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Beach Lady...extraordinarily prolific (25K+ posts) and entertaining...and missed. She apprehended the reality of who we are and where we are going. We see a lot of that here on MB, thank goodness.

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Yep Tango she sure was a writer....we have been losing all the prolific ones over the past 5 years this MB is barely breathing....hopefully we shall get a new thread for DH2015 soon! Beachy had access to Jack's insider information....now what shall we do!?!??! Wink

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Should be coming soon. It is usually coming along quite well at the site by now.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
She always sent me a greeting on my birthday. I miss her dearly. She was a friend to everybody on the HGTV Dream Home Message Board. Her kindness and downright sillyness will be greatly missed by so many here.

Rest in Peace my Friend!

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3615 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I met beach lady when I found the dream home contests. She and I had a lot of fun and fooling about the younger man who was the architect of the dream home. I can't even remember his name now that the funny beach lady has left all of us.

html

Posts: 2539 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I got IT JACK! That was so much fun kidding about who he belonged to! He was of course always hers. Dear Beach lady rest in peace.

html

Posts: 2539 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post