Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found my favorite spot... what is yours? Sign In/Join 
Picture of sendchocolate
posted
I could be happy in the Media Room... is that really orange or is it just my computer?

http://www.hgtv.com/dream-home.../pictures/index.html

Posts: 1091 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Or maybe it's the Livingroom... now where to put that Christmas tree??

Posts: 1091 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
FUnky orange it is SC! OMG I am about to embark on my 360.....so bbl....I know Linda loves orange and somehow? It works in that room....sigh.....time to PLAY!! Big Grin

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7386 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post

oooh I like that little niche at top of stairs...Smile. LOTS OF ORANGE all through house...wishing it had been terra cotta instead but still absorbing the details....Wink

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sendchocolate:
Or maybe it's the Livingroom... now where to put that Christmas tree??

In the corner, I think, where the Fiddle Leaf Fig tree is.

What do you think?

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:

oooh I like that little niche at top of stairs...Smile. LOTS OF ORANGE all through house...wishing it had been terra cotta instead but still absorbing the details....Wink

Love that niche, too.

But not a big fan of orange - it's a bit jarring... agree with you GA, terracotta would have fit the outdoors better.

That's an easy change tho'.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Love, love, love the indoors/outdoors-y-ness of the living room and kitchen.

By far my favs.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Can anyone find any info about the stove and ovens? Is it a Wolf?

I don't see a hot tub either .... do you think they left it off?

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone find any info about the stove and ovens? Is it a Wolf?

I think it is a Viking. I believe Wolf has red knobs.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I really love the MBR, too. Very peaceful & calming. And the chairs provide a pop without being in-your-face like the rest of the oranges in the house do.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Good thing I like orange and red and yellow... It's an amazing house...

I could watch the deer grazing while doing the dishes. Love that window!!!

Did you notice each bunk has it's own tv... sweet!!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
I noticed that too JSB...more like a Paprika orange not so harsh on the eyes....no bear decor items anywhere either! Big Grin Not big on the art or the big slab o'tree over the fireplace....would rather have a big terra cotta bronze star like DH2004 up there!

Send so glad you like it....you can turn doggie niche into kitty haven! Smile

I really like the beautiful light fixtures but will require some upkeep in the dusting dept, not looking forward to getting those big heavy glass upward facing things down....maybe hire window washers to maintain light fixtures! Big Grin

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
There is a "doggie niche" where is that?

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed that too JSB...more like a Paprika orange not so harsh on the eyes....no bear decor items anywhere either! Big Grin Not big on the art or the big slab o'tree over the fireplace....would rather have a big terra cotta bronze star like DH2004 up there!

Send so glad you like it....you can turn doggie niche into kitty haven! Smile

I really like the beautiful light fixtures but will require some upkeep in the dusting dept, not looking forward to getting those big heavy glass upward facing things down....maybe hire window washers to maintain light fixtures! Big Grin

Slab o'tree is not too bad - don't like/need that box thing-y around it.

You are right - cats will LOVE their niche.

Kids will LOVE the individual TVs, BUT, they're gonna hafta go. We have enough trouble enforcing lights out. Roll Eyes

We have a big light that's hard to change the bulb in our foyer, too. So we never, ever use that light. I do believe it still has the original bulb. And the house is 20 years old now.

Unless you know a reliable window washer, guess we're going to have to tape up some flashlights to illuminate the foyer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JSB,

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a "doggie niche" where is that?

1st floor stair well.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't see a hot tub either .... do you think they left it off?

Don't see one either. Frown

Might be just as well. Can't see myself taking a soak while the duffers amble on by.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Hey you guys pray for Jellybean... he is having a bad day... I had to take him away from his siblings, they were being to rough with him and he sure doesn't like being alone.

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Oh Send...many being sent out for our mascot kitty....poor thing. ((((Jellybean)))) Wink

I was thinking maybe doggie niche took place of panic room...Big Grin. Too bear accessible anyhow....now if one has NO pets would make good place to stash Christmas decor! Smile

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was thinking maybe doggie niche took place of panic room...Big Grin. Too bear accessible anyhow....now if one has NO pets would make good place to stash Christmas decor! Smile

((((Jellybean))))

GA: that's brilliant. DH14 is lovely, but a tad short on long-term storage. Not just the Christmas stuff, but all the seasonal decorations need a home. (Halloween!!!!)

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
See? I haven't made it to that level yet...first I look at the appearance...then the practical aspects... Razz Storage is a must...and bearproof at that! Big Grin

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I tried getting into the blog section of the DH2014....and, well, let's just say "I'm here!"

I looked through the many photos of the DH. LOVE it! Some things caught my attention....There was a print (black and white with small yellow dots within the grid); this reminded me of the grids within the stairs and the railings of the balcony. There were other fabrics that had the similar pattern; however, that petite one just stood out to me. Now, I'm trying figure out where it is used. I also noted the shadows the grids put against the stairwell....Very impressive detail!

Linda, This is a gorgeous house! There were many decorative features that just made me smile.

As for the wood pieces as artwork....It made me say to my husband, "See honey, others see these pieces of timber as art, too." Thank you for this.

How many of you have been to the Leid Lodge? The beamed ceilings and the windows reminds me of this special place on a smaller scale.

Posts: 5233 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The doggie area is under the stairs. It appears to have a door that can close.

I like the tree stump above the fireplace, but I think that is the only place I can put my Thomas Kinkaide.

Linda did well again. The colors are bold, but Orange is an in color right now.

OH I forgot my favorite place changes every time i look. Right now it has to be the kitchen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5661 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:

I like the tree stump above the fireplace, but I think that is the only place I can put my Thomas Kinkaide.

OH I forgot my favorite place changes every time i look. Right now it has to be the kitchen.

NJ, you are right - there isn't a lot of wall space in this house. All those windows are great for bringing the outdoors in, but they do have a down side.

There is not much not to like about the kitchen. I really like the way the island counter top wraps around the side. That's very contemporary.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of BeachLadylovesJackT
posted Hide Post
My favorite keeps changing too. At this point? I think my fave spot would have to be ALL UP IN THIS HOUSE or better yet? On that deed!

Namaste
Originally registered Feb 2004 -then- gumby took me down
Lifetime winner of Jack Thomasson ♥

♫ Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul ♫

Life is worth nothing without your dreams and passion.

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm "there isn't a lot of wall space in this house. All those windows are great for bringing the outdoors in, but they do have a down side"....

I LOVE the outdoors....what more beautiful artwork is there? It IS gorgeous! What downside?

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Need wall space for a growing collection of family pix. Smile

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLadylovesJackT:
My favorite keeps changing too. At this point? I think my fave spot would have to be ALL UP IN THIS HOUSE or better yet? On that deed!

Hi Beachy!

Can't you just see all the Dreamers sitting around the backyard table?

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Dreamers picnic on the patio as soon as the weather warms up

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5661 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
I love the rocks turned into water fixtures outside. I would like to know how they made those..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sendchocolate,

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I like the rock fountains as well

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Yes, the fountains are really cool. I love that they left much of the landscaping natural. It really suits the house.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

posted Hide Post
I agree JSB and also about the dreamers gathering around the backyard table!! I see dreamers all over this DH

Namaste

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLadylovesJackT:
I agree JSB and also about the dreamers gathering around the backyard table!! I see dreamers all over this DH

Wouldn't it be fab-o if one of us won this year (for once)

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

posted Hide Post
"Can anyone find any info about the stove and ovens? Is it a Wolf?"

Appliances are GE Monogram, determined by the burner grid design and nameplate locations and appearance. The handle design does not match on all pieces in the pictures - it will be interesting to see if that is corrected before the show.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Need wall space for a growing collection of family pix.

Lots of wall space in the second floor hallway.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Jellybean wants to go live with Mr. Bill... All six ounces of him.

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Sooo cute Send! Hasn't he been gaining weight...6 ounces seems so tiny....beautiful coloring! Smile

And I read the other day a bear mauled some lady walking her dog in Florida! Eek So keep that Dreamkitty safe and sound! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GreenAlice,

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Yeah that bear wasn't to far from here. Sadly they had to put him down because he had lost his fear of human beings Frown

Don't worry about all the kittens and their Mother. I won't let them go outside. There are 4 feral male cats that hang around my backyard but I think they will be ok. They run and run FAST at the slightest sound.

Six ounces is VERY tiny... I and my Vet are surprised he is still alive... He eats like a little piggy and runs and plays like there is nothing wrong with him. He just doesn't grow. He will be 6 weeks old on Sunday. I will treasure him and love him as long as he lives.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
His running around must be burning up all the caloric intake. If he is that active, sounds like he's healthy to me.

Can you put him on supplements in addition to kitten food?

One of my daughters was so puny when she came to us, we kept her on formula even tho' she had started on solid food. This worked almost too well. Her appetite still outstrips her activity. Roll Eyes

Wondering if there is a similar regimen for kittens?

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Sadly Jellybean died sometime during the night. He was such a joy for the 6 weeks he was with me and will never be forgotten.

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Jellybean.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Oh Send, I'm so sorry to hear. She was something special.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

posted Hide Post
Jellybean had never been loved more. Thank you sendchocolate for taking care of jellybean for six weeks. When we reach out to help others we usually wind up helping ourselves. You both gained something from this (((hugs)))

Namaste

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your kitty Chocolate.

Today my favorite spot is sitting in front of the fireplace reading a book and sipping hot chocolate. it is cold in California this week.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Beachlady, Where is your favorite spot in the house?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
After hours of staring at the vids, 360s & photos, I am thinking my fav spot is in front of that outdoor fireplace.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of PacificCoastHome
posted Hide Post
My favorite spot is the outdoor dining room and kitchen. Inside it's the guest bathroom! The calmest room in the house and I love the light fixtures. Smile

PCH

The poster formerly known as AudreyMarks

Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I love all the fireplace areas as they are perfect for the present weather, but inside which changes from day to day is the Master bedroom.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
The master bedroom is very romantic.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It is a beautiful room. The colors are beautiful.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥