Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone here changed genders? Sign In/Join 
posted
As others have mentioned, the new entry form requires you to enter your actual birthdate - and gender. There's no "autofill" option like last year (at least with my browser), but my browser can autofill some parts of the form - just not the birthdate and gender selection. I always remember to put the birthdate in, but the default gender is "female", and I'm sure I've forgotten to click the other box on some of my submissions. I wonder what would happen if I won, but that part of the entry was incorrect? Would I be immediately disqualified? If I see the prize team outside my front door, should I run and put on a dress just in case????

Posts: 119 | Registered: Mar 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
My experience is the same using Chrome autofill. I've probably forgotten to change the gender to male. Why oh why do they need my full birthday? That is just stupid.

Just tell them you're transgendered if they ask. ;-)

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6978 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
If you win D.P., the house will be yours, after a simple operation required in the entry rules fine print of course!

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3606 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Not lately. Have been fem all my life.

Oh, you mean on the form...

I can't imagine something like that disqualifying an entry. Gosh, without the SAVE entry function like last year, plus the fact that I don't like to have the browser auto-fill, I am quite sure there are numerous typos, misspellings, wrong picklist selections, etc.

It would not be very sporting of HGTV to disqulify an entry simply because the wrong cable carrier was selected, eg. Tho' I suppose they *could*. What a thought... Frown Frown Frown

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think you are all safe as that is legally something due to privacy one can't question.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5656 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D.P. Roberts:
I wonder what would happen if I won, but that part of t he entry was incorrect? Would I be immediately disqualified? If I see the prize team outside my front door, should I run and put on a dress just in case????

Tongue-in-cheek aside...
In the past it seemed that the very last entry data you gave them was used for official reference, even if a previously posted entry was the one picked as the winner.
The data collected on gender may be only statistical potpouri they pass along to sponsors, or that they use for sweepstakes-venue-related criteria. :>)

Posts: 3162 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be legalism run amuck if you were disqualified over that.

---And it would be a PR nightmare if you ask me. They probably wouldn't let you know if you almost won though. Oops that answers that doesn't it. OUch

I'm not relieving your worry a bit am I.
Toes taste good.

In a production once, I dressed up like a man. It was fun and a lot of jokes were made. I looked like my older brother with a beard. I had to be coached on walking like a man. Glad I'm a girl, female, lady, woman. Wouldn't want to be a man but I had fun for that time period.

Posts: 810 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Eek

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7374 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
Not to worry, a little snip, snip here and there and he will be able to walk away with the prize. Well maybe "walk" is not the right choice of words.Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3606 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BeachLadylovesJackT
posted Hide Post
spit my coffee errrr rita....cleaning 'puter with FLASH

http://www.pgpro.co.uk/m/en-UK...-GlassSpray750mL.jpg

Namaste
Originally registered Feb 2004 -then- gumby took me down
Lifetime winner of Jack Thomasson ♥

♫ Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul ♫

Life is worth nothing without your dreams and passion.

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I think we may have scared poor D.P. way.

Frown

D.P., please come back. We don't mean to be mean.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
The age is for the advertisers. The older you are the less inclined the advertisers are to want your insight. I guess if your as old as dirt you may be under it before the advertiser can make enough money from the old person.

html

Posts: 2526 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's too late now. D.P. probably can't find hormones that act quickly enough when he sees the dream team. ...But he could have stashed a large padded bra close to the front door.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leafly,

Posts: 810 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flboy:
The age is for the advertisers. The older you are the less inclined the advertisers are to want your insight. I guess if your as old as dirt you may be under it before the advertiser can make enough money from the old person.

Hmmm...

Good to get old...

Or pretend to be old Smile

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Dreamhome winner announced.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5656 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post