Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

way to many windows Sign In/Join 
posted
who is going to clean them NOT ME ... are there some kind of curtain or shade that drops down...

Posts: 379 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
The shades are hidden behind the dark brown valances.

I think if you can afford to live in this house, you could afford to have someone clean the windows.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
They have business' that clean windows.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5656 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as long as there are curtains thanks beautiful house

Posts: 379 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Let the light shine in!

My concern....hope the golfers are professional and keep on the green. lol However, I have recently learned there is a special sheeting that can protect from novices. Big Grin

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
When I bought our current house with a walk out basement and two stories above that the real estate agent said "I believe you're going to clean those gutters with your checkbook".

Same applies here. Though if I win, as much as I'd love to move to Lake Tahoe, the house will be sold.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

I am not an employee of HGTV, nor is anyone else that posts here.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6979 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparky:
When I bought our current house with a walk out basement and two stories above that the real estate agent said "I believe you're going to clean those gutters with your checkbook".

Same applies here. Though if I win, as much as I'd love to move to Lake Tahoe, the house will be sold.

Not just the windows, but all of the upkeep for this house is probably out of reach of all but the 1%. Best policy is to Dream, but Sell.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mythreesons
posted Hide Post
Don't fall in love with the house! It's a much more fun presentation of a lotto ticket. Build your own dream home or upgrade your current one. Travel. Put a child through college debt free. A Dream Home weekend with HGTV staff is much more exciting than a picture in the paper with a big lotto check. I LOVE this contest!

Posts: 1546 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Mar 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trish212:
Let the light shine in!

My concern....hope the golfers are professional and keep on the green. lol However, I have recently learned there is a special sheeting that can protect from novices. Big Grin

Good to know until golf lessons make us proficient enough to keep it out of the trees! :O.O

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The windows have a lifetime warranty.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5656 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BeachLadylovesJackT
posted Hide Post
did I hear 118 windows?

Namaste
Originally registered Feb 2004 -then- gumby took me down
Lifetime winner of Jack Thomasson ♥

♫ Take time to laugh; it is the music of the soul ♫

Life is worth nothing without your dreams and passion.

Posts: 707 | Location: sum beach.....sum where | Registered: Jul 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly a glass house...118 windows. Not sure I like the architecture of the house...windows, mix of wood and steel, but love the location. I would sell this and see what I could do with the money.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeachLadylovesJackT:
did I hear 118 windows?

All the better to heat the great out-of-doors with. Frown

I didn't hear if they were high performance triple-paned...

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bill assured me they were self cleaning....and bear proof at that... Wink.

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7374 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:
Mr. Bill assured me they were self cleaning....and bear proof at that... Wink.

Bear-cleaning?

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of DaVinnie
posted Hide Post
ok...I am confused?

Are we worried about bears getting through the windows, or is it being bare with all those windows?

the first scares me, the second scares everyone else!

**** Fear knocks at the door****
********Faith answers********
******And no one is there******

<*><*>Proud Member of The Chatter Fingers<*><*>

Posts: 1343 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Feb 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
I see we are all meeting up on Dreamer's Lane Big Grin....nice place to hang whilst we await BOLO season....just watched the special, too much football yesterday to enjoy properly.. Razz, and WOW! Even better imho. The burnt orange is growing on me....but missed Joan, Linda and Jack showing the home off.... Wink. Think if I watch again it will be on mute....Roll Eyes Smile

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
JSB is going on a bear hunt, that takes care of any potential misguided unconvential bears who don't get the hibernation thing....Smile. Guess Vinnie you can always pull down those nifty hidden shades if the snow spots get too much for you!

LOL I was just thinking how long it would take me to dust all those 3D wooden squares all over the place~!!!!! Eek That alone would encompass an entire day!!!! Eek

Picture of Fender
posted Hide Post
You can always buy one of those window robots, like the rumba vacuum, but it does window instead.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Mar 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL I was just thinking how long it would take me to dust all those 3D wooden squares all over the place~!!!!! Eek That alone would encompass an entire day!!!! Eek

I think some of those squares are going to have to go... a little bit too much of a good thing.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
JSB maybe if we pry a few squares off carefully it will leave the impression of geometric design without the 3D dust collection capacity! Smile Those bathroom ones would be most difficult to reach....they go first....Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mythreesons:
Don't fall in love with the house! It's a much more fun presentation of a lotto ticket. Build your own dream home or upgrade your current one. Travel. Put a child through college debt free. A Dream Home weekend with HGTV staff is much more exciting than a picture in the paper with a big lotto check. I LOVE this contest!

So well stated mythreesons. imho - you captured the spirit of this optional sweepstakes beautifully.

Posts: 128 | Registered: Dec 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
JSB maybe if we pry a few squares off carefully it will leave the impression of geometric design without the 3D dust collection capacity! Smile Those bathroom ones would be most difficult to reach....they go first....Razz

We could get that block effect with a stencil!!! Am liking this. You go, GA!

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see we are all meeting up on Dreamer's Lane ....nice place to hang whilst we await BOLO season....just watched the special, too much football yesterday to enjoy properly.. , and WOW! Even better imho. The burnt orange is growing on me....but missed Joan, Linda and Jack showing the home off.... . Think if I watch again it will be on mute....

I wonder what Joan is doing these days? Now our Jack and Linda were still a part of the special.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Still kitty
posted Hide Post
Just love this Dream Home. Of course I love ALL the Dream Homes, but this one is extra special to me. I always dream of keeping the house if I won it. I mean, it is a dream.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Sep 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
That's a big part of the magic... Dreamin'

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of Silly4Houses
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Still kitty:
Just love this Dream Home. Of course I love ALL the Dream Homes, but this one is extra special to me. I always dream of keeping the house if I won it. I mean, it is a dream.

Kitty I LOVE your avatar. Just had to say!

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I dream the same with each house still Kitty. This one is really neat and hey it is also in California.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
All these windows will allow sunshine.Sunshine is good for the soul!

Posts: 1 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
tryan, I share your sentiment about sunshine!

OK...who came up with

"Let the sunshine in
Take it with a grin
Smilers never lose
Frowners never win"

Wonder what tomorrow will bring? LOL

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The glass allowing for all the neat outside light is tremendous. Feels comfy as well!

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥