Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Registration Form irregularities Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sparky
posted
I normally do my daily sweepstakes entries (Dream Home, Travel Channel, DIY and Food) on a PC using a Google Chrome browser. Yesterday I used the MacBook pro using Safari.

On Chrome I don't get a checkbox above "submit" for the HGTV Dream Home to say that I've read the terms and conditions but I do get it with Safari. Anyone else experience this too?

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

I am not an employee of HGTV, nor is anyone else that posts here.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6981 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silly4Houses
posted Hide Post
Yes. Using my desktop PC w/ Internet Explorer I do not get the rules checkbox. When I enter on my iPad or phone, I DO get the rules checkbox.

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G.
posted Hide Post
I use the same PC and browser when I enter and sometimes I get the check-box, and sometimes I don't. Not sure why?

Posts: 3868 | Location: PA | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I don't see the "rules" checkbox on either Chrome or Firefox. Wondered why they were leaving that off this year. Hmmm. Looks like a browser issue.

Make one wonder what other diffeences there might be.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, That same thing happened to me. The terms and condition box wasn't there even though I entered on my desktop computer like I always do.
Glad I'm not alone.

Posts: 821 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I only saw it the first time i registered. if you always use the same computer and it auto puts your data in, it does not need to ask as you have already replied.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5665 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
I only saw it the first time i registered. if you always use the same computer and it auto puts your data in, it does not need to ask as you have already replied.

Autofill definitely isn't working as well as it has in the past. There isn't a "remember me" button this time so I have to correct the gender, add my birthday and CATV company. Don't get me started on the full birthday issue.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

I am not an employee of HGTV, nor is anyone else that posts here.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6981 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes Sparky,

That has happened to me every time. I have to fill out everything. Only the one time, did the system not put the terms and condition box on the form. Go Figure!

Not complaining, especially if I win.

Posts: 821 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Yes you always have to put in those last few items

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5665 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm using Windows Explorer on a laptop. I'm not seeing the rules box nor am I able to have my information fill in automatically like in the past where all you had to do was put in your email address???? Babs

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silly4Houses
posted Hide Post
Same for me Babs...

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BABS123927:
I'm using Windows Explorer on a laptop. I'm not seeing the rules box nor am I able to have my information fill in automatically like in the past where all you had to do was put in your email address???? Babs

Try...
putting you cursor in the entry box,
press the down-arrow [choice list(s)],
when your choice is highlighted,
press tab to the next box.

You still have to select the radio-button for Female/Male.

Let me know how you make out!

Posts: 3868 | Location: PA | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post