Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Contests & Giveaways
Hop To Forums   Dream Home 2014 in Lake Tahoe, CA has ended
  What would you do if you win the HGTV Dream Home 2014?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you do if you win the HGTV Dream Home 2014? Sign In/Join 
Picture of The Beez
posted
What would you do if you win the HGTV Dream Home?

Posts: 432 | Registered: Mar 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newtothesouth
posted Hide Post
I don't know... but I sure want that problem!! Smile

Posts: 20 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Excitement, shock, elation, and a big hug for the team that surprises me.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5631 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mythreesons
posted Hide Post
I'd be ECSTATIC if I won! Come on luck!

Posts: 1544 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Mar 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
They drew the name this morning, I would love to be the winner as well

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5631 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of njgal
posted Hide Post
A shout out to all the Dreamers past and present on the board! We had a once a great group of folks form all over who went and toured the HGTV Dream Home! We are still like Family!!!

Posts: 4252 | Registered: Mar 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njgal:
A shout out to all the Dreamers past and present on the board! We had a once a great group of folks form all over who went and toured the HGTV Dream Home! We are still like Family!!!

Good to see you again njgal!!!!

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3591 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It is so much fun to tour with other Dreamers. I enjoyed Sonoma and had hoped to get to Tahoe but needed a long weekend so did not work out. If one of us wins, we need to have a dreamers Barbecue in the outdoor kitchen Njgal. Glad you are here, miss so many of the others. Beachlady is recovering from a heart attack, she has been her regularly this year. Shelly showed up a couple months ago, was hoping she'd return for BOLO time.Hopefully your call out will bring a few more.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Hi NJ Gal: We've certainly had enough practice shoveling to be well prepared to take possession of this year's DH!

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
You all certainly have done some snow shoveling, especially this year. I just happened to look at the winter pictures at the Tahoe Dream home right before I came here and was thinking it has been a while since I shoveled snow, but would get a lot of practice there.

The home looks beautiful both winder and summer.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
We're finally having a warmish spell and are down to only a few inches of snow cover.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably pass out in my doorway!! I have been entering since the beginning. Would be totally shocked if I actually won! Either pass out or scream and jump around like a crazy person!! Smileat any rate the people in tv land would be entertained.

Posts: 154 | Location: Washington | Registered: Mar 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I have fainted before, but would hope i would stay alert.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of LIKEMUSHROOM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
I have fainted before, but would hope i would stay alert.

Well; I just hope the host is a Woman!
My plan is to go in for a good old fashioned, knock your socks off Kiss!
If It's a guy.. a friendly handshake.
Then; after she adjusts her dress, fixes her lipstick and takes a few deep breaths to calm down...and they edit the tape...
Either way, a wave to all of the Dreamers..
Cash Option Please!

Posts: 73 | Location: Home office | Registered: Feb 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I'm typically NOT at a loss for words, but THIS might actually do it with a great big smile. Afterwards, my cheeks would hurt for days. Maybe we should practice this so we don't go through DAYS of physical cheek therapy. lol And...if I'm NOT selected, I will have kept aging lines off the face from smiling.

Posts: 5210 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing is, we probably would act completely different then we think if the dream team arrives

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of LIKEMUSHROOM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
The interesting thing is, we probably would act completely different then we think if the dream team arrives

No one can predict how they will react to a total surprise.
The post about a winner acting like a robot upset me..
This person was at at a loss for words and in shock;, even though she knew what was going to happen beforehand..
It's unfair to judge a person in a situation like that. WWYD?

Posts: 73 | Location: Home office | Registered: Feb 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I agree mushroom, everyone expresses their excitement differently.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Well if they show up right now, I am in my Jammies working around the house. better get dressed. Wink

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of LIKEMUSHROOM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trish212:
I'm typically NOT at a loss for words, but THIS might actually do it with a great big smile. Afterwards, my cheeks would hurt for days. Maybe we should practice this so we don't go through DAYS of physical cheek therapy. lol And...if I'm NOT selected, I will have kept aging lines off the face from smiling.

Practice what? My imagination is running wild here...
Practice makes Perfect!
It's been a rough Winter, better work on these chapped lips...Where's my Balm?

BTW Does anyone know if the Ambush Host is a Man or a Woman?
Hoping for the latter, of course!

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
LOL

A friend of mine years ago had one of those gorgeous Actress smiles. Others wondered if her smile was even real. Fortunately with time, she admitted that her face sometimes became sore, and just like the rest of us had bad days, too.

My dh says that's one of the first things he remembers about me - my beautiful smile. Any woman of any age enjoys hearing these words. So, smile like you HAVE won. It always makes some people wonder what you have been up to.

Posts: 5210 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trish212:
LOL

A friend of mine years ago had one of those gorgeous Actress smiles. Others wondered if her smile was even real. Fortunately with time, she admitted that her face sometimes became sore, and just like the rest of us had bad days, too.

My dh says that's one of the first things he remembers about me - my beautiful smile. Any woman of any age enjoys hearing these words. So, smile like you HAVE won. It always makes some people wonder what you have been up to.

All of my teeth are solid gold so I have to be careful when and where I smile! Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3591 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
You are so funny Mr.. Bill. Smiling is something that comes easy for me. My smilers ready for the prospect of HGTV

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Since it looks like there is a pretty long wait between an ambush in March and announcement in April, I think I'd take myself a nice long vacation so I didn't have to face friends & co-workers whist jumping up & down inside with excitement.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
JSB, today they announced Laura from boise Id won. She was at her office so they probably had to go ahead and announce, but only first names. Laura and Scott

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Hope she joins the MB.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
That would be so nice. it is special when we have the opportunity to share their dream.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥