Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Financial Info on the Dream Home? Sign In/Join 
posted
I love this home and would dream of winning it too. Just some curious questions though. Does anyone know how much the taxes up front need to be paid to the IRS on April 15, 2015? How much are the property taxes annually. Is there a cash option available instead of taking the home? I apologize if these questions have been answered but I have not noticed. Thank you for the information. Good luck everyone! murphman

Posts: 129 | Registered: Dec 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dreamn_again
posted Hide Post
If you read the sweepstakes official rules, it does have a lower value cash option in lieu of accepting the home portion of the prize.

Enjoy entering.

Posts: 457 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dreamin Annie
posted Hide Post
I keep checking but don't see any posts/topic info yet with potential financial costs discussed here?
In the past, there were posts providing discussion of estimated tax costs, examples of keeping the home, taking cash, selling the home, etc. I appreciated reading these threads, so...if you were one of these poster(s) or, are willing to share expertise/knowledge, please post.

Thank you much in advance!

If you can dream it, you can do it. (Walt Disney)

Posts: 3 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Feb 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Let's keep the *real* threads up top.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jillyb
posted Hide Post
I'm curious too! I think I've read that the CPA that was on the boards in the past isn't here anymore...

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Maybe some one will come along who knows the finances better.
Fed tax is around 34% on this amount, but it is a varied amount for different levels of the amount.

State tax is around 10% in California.
Then their is home owners policy insurance
A fee for living in the area the house is in, etc

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5624 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post