Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Contests & Giveaways
Hop To Forums   Dream Home 2014 in Lake Tahoe, CA has ended
  Ok so who said the tub would not be window exposed?!?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok so who said the tub would not be window exposed?!?! Sign In/Join 
Picture of GreenAlice
posted
LOVE the MB tub....nice fabric panel for privacy but traditional full exposure bathing once again!!! Eek Bearwatching spot....Big Grin

The MB Shower is awesome, love the pebble floor in there.....Smile

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7404 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:
LOVE the MB tub....nice fabric panel for privacy but traditional full exposure bathing once again!!! Eek Bearwatching spot....Big Grin

At least it's not he shower this time.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can still see OUT the windows a bit while taking a shower...depends on how steamy it gets....Wink.

wondering if there is a bottoms up panel so one could raise it to height allowing looking out but not in too much....the tub looks nice and comfy deep!

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
I'm the one who predicted that the bears will be sitting in bleacher seats outside the master bath window eating popcorn. Nobody believed me at the time.

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3609 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think you were already selling them tickets Mr. Bill.

It is a really neat bathroom. Greatbath, shower, and double vanities.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5665 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Any guesses what is is behind the door that is kitty-corner to the tub? From the floor plan, I assumed it was a closet, but the 360 shows the door part way open and it doesn't look closet-y in there."

One of the pictures shows precisely what is behind the pocket door. It is a key component of every bathroom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Steak,

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Steak:
"Any guesses what is is behind the door that is kitty-corner to the tub? From the floor plan, I assumed it was a closet, but the 360 shows the door part way open and it doesn't look closet-y in there."

One of the pictures shows precisely what is behind the pocket door. It is a key component of every bathroom.

Is that a trick question? It's a water closet of course... At least no one has to use that in front of a window...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sendchocolate,

Posts: 1094 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Chocolate, I think we can draw the drapes when we use the lovely bath tub. I love the shower as well. Everyone is always looking for natural light and it sure has that.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5665 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I wish for once they would put short, wide windows in bathrooms rather than tall, skinny ones. You get just as much light but keep the privacy.

True, you can draw the drapes, but then poof, there goes the natural light. And the consequences of forgetting in this house... with the MBath on the 1st floor. Right now there is a sense of privacy, of being in the woods. But once the rest of the homes are built, there won't be much privacy. ISTR the platt size is 1/4 acre. That's not a lot of breathing room.

But then again, no one seems to ever think about living in DHs when design decisions are made. It's all about how much excitement they can stir up.

And this year's is sure a beauty to look at.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sendchocolate:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Steak:

Is that a trick question? It's a water closet of course... At least no one has to use that in front of a window...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin....yep that is where I would have to put my foot down....and the seat down....LOL.. Razz

posted Hide Post
It's been mentioned in previous years' posts on the subject of vulnerable window exposure that a reasonably priced, quality E-factor window tint can be applied which virtually blocks the view-in, yet retains 80% of the view-out ability from the inside. We have used it successfully on poolside sliding doors.
shoeshine boy :>)

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
Tango, I installed that on my fully exposed Master Bath window. I did not realize I installed it on the wrong side of the window until the neighborhood block party, (which nobody told me about,) held in my backyard, outside my window.

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3609 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
MR. Bill you are so very funny. About some bubbles in that neat bathtub?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Bill:
Tango, I installed that on my fully exposed Master Bath window. I did not realize I installed it on the wrong side of the window until the neighborhood block party, (which nobody told me about,) held in my backyard, outside my window.

Well, there's nothing like keeping your guests entertained. Smile

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
very cute Mr. Bill.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just noticed the pebble floor in the shower. They are supposed to be yummy to walk on. Can't wait to find out

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think the bathroom is lovely. I will pull the shade down with just enough room for the bather to enjoy the outside while soaking in the tub.

Did you all notice the interesting faucet which comes from the floor? There was a similar one in the tub in the last blog cabin.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I think all the master bath needs is a bottom up shade that you could pull up to neck level so you have your privacy and keep the view.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB:
I think all the master bath needs is a bottom up shade that you could pull up to neck level so you have your privacy and keep the view.

given the lot size, privacy will be an issue so the shade will be needed. when the adjoining lot is sold and developed there likely will not be much of a view from the side windows but at least the view from all rear facing windows will be wonderful.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Dec 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Guess that depends on your definition of "view". To me, the sight of those magnificent Ponderosa Pines is quite a view. And listening to the wind in the pine branches, relaxing addition to bath time.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I will find a way to make it work.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥