Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dreamers Sign In/Join 
Picture of Still kitty
posted Hide Post
It is good to see you all again. The loss of TC and Brad really was truly hard. But I am back and enjoy this new DH!
Yes, DH 05 is what started me on the message board too. Will always be my favorite, although I REALLY wanted to win the DH 9 in Sonoma CA.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Sep 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Hello still Kitty. Those two homes were my favorites and actually went to tour the Sonoma home. It was really neat up close and personal.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5688 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Still kitty
posted Hide Post
I went on the Sonoma DH tour too Nurse Judy. Wasn't it just beautiful! I still go by there every once in awhile. Still just as gorgeous and it one of the DH HOMES that is lived in.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Glad to know someone is living there. I just loved the double pantry. You got me inspired so I went to Foki to look st my Sonoma pictures. Quick question, by any chance did you visit the Sonoma home in February (I beleive Valentines weekend) in 2009 as there was someone that resembles you in one of my pictures? Wouldn't that have been something? I put your present picture and the dream home picture next to each other and asked my husband what he thought and he agreed, it looks a lot like you.I'm excited about the possibility. I also noted a couple messages from Brad i saved there and still can hardly believe he is gone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5688 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Beez
posted Hide Post
Hi Dreamers!
The Beez checking in! I love the house! Looking forward to all the fun this year!

Posts: 432 | Registered: Mar 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Good morning dreamers! Dreaming about all of us having a barbecue in the out door kitchen with a good fire in the fireplace. If it gets to cold, we can move on in to the great room.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Phara
posted Hide Post
I'll be ready for that bar b que. My only sister's son suddenly died Sat. Viewing tomorrow back in Illinois. They plan on having a Celebration of Life bar b que in the Spring and the Tahoe location would be an awesome..happy place. Our heart broken diminishing family will so be eager to gather thru tears and laughter to enjoy the beauty of the home and surroundings. Think that home will be a great happy memory gift to anyone who wins it.

Posts: 133 | Location: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Let's keep the *real* threads up top.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Bump

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
So sorry about your loss Phara.

The Barbecue in the outdoor patio kitchen sounds like so much fun. Anyone else coming? The steaks are on.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Phara
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I'll be at the Tahoe bar b que.

Posts: 133 | Location: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Glad you will be there.We should make the side dishes potluck. The ingredients for s'mores are already there for dessert.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Beachlady brings her 'Rita Rig.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of Phara
posted Hide Post
The more food the merrier. There's plenty of room in the kitchen area to finish up the side dishes for those who come to hang out and enjoy the dream.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
There are some chicken strips in the freezer. Can someone make some dipping sauces for some snacks before the steak is ready on the grill?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Still kitty
posted Hide Post
Hello Beachlady.It is nice to be back here on the message board again,seeing the old gang as well as the new.

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see many back. I've given myself some time to come to the board and check things out after being quite busy last week!

Phara, read your message...sorry for your loss. The "Celebration of Life" comment understandable. What a gorgeous area this is for something like this!

There are so many shows & hosts that are missed. I appreciate all that I learned from them. And....I'm nervous to say...."I'm sounding like my mother". She enjoyed coming into my home when I was younger and saying,"I would do this/I would do that". It drove me crazy. My last visit to my daughter's apartment and I repeated some of those things. However, I would always reference it to the shows I had seen in the past. I'm even willing to give up furniture. Do you think that keeps me out of the 'dog' house? Big Grin

Posts: 5239 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you can say it positively Trish. Something like, boy i saw this neat idea on **** and i can just picture it here. What do you think?

My kids are renovating their house. Living room, dining room,nursery, and hall look fantastic. they refinished the original hardwood floors and insulated the house much better. They are now on the kitchen phase. They are making their dream home.

I watched the dream home special again today. It is nice to have it recorded.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Phara
posted Hide Post
Thank you Trish. Ready for the Tahoe Dream home barbque? Maybe it will be at your house and your daughter will breathe deep, accept hearing your decorating tips (It's a Mom thing....it's hard not to mention our ideas) cause she's hoping you'll share some of the furniture with her. Smile

posted Hide Post

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I'm ready to have s'mores made in the outdoor fireplace after the BarBQ. Now that sounds tasty to me.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Tealdreamer
posted Hide Post
.. Hi there, Dreamers! Just thought I'd check in. I really do like this Truckee home, sure would love to move to Lake Tahoe (in my dreams). I'm getting yippe-dooh-dah excited now that drawing time is getting near, almost time for bolo activities! Best luck to everyone, surely this is our year to win!

Posts: 418 | Location: LaLaLand | Registered: Feb 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Good to see you Teal, it is one beautiful home.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Watercloset Goddess
posted Hide Post
Hello DREAMERS!!!!!!!

"Here in the beginning and here in the end. Bearing
witness..."
Proud to be a part of the : Magnificent 7, Fab 14, Ten & Their Men (& our Girl Thursday),...etc Big Grin

~♥♥♥ a founding member ~FLAPJAW Club ~♥♥♥~

manager of ~The Siren's Call Bar & Grill~

¸¸,ø¤º¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°¤ø
Whenever we belittle others, we expose them to our own insecurity. Graciousness to all is the echo of inner victories. J. Donald Walters
¸¸,ø¤º¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°¤ø

Posts: 6052 | Location: The southern tip of FL, without entering the Keys! | Registered: Feb 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
greetings dreamer

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
dream house photograph Dreamy

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: Aug 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post