Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Happened to HGTV programming - Sign In/Join 
posted
I've been a viewer for years and years. With today's economy and strive to make the most of what you have, or what little you want to spend, what happened to the shows that show us how to do it? Decorating Cents, Design on a Dime, etc? I'm tired of watching people pick out their new homes....I want to make mine feel new!!!! I don't watch the channel much anymore because of this! Bring back the shows we love!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree --- I loved those shows like Design on a Dime & The High-Low Project. Even Curb Appeal & shows where they do a modest makeover for something like 2K.

Some of the newer shows are good, like Property Brothers & Love It or List It --- but not ALL of THE TIME! Instead of a whole evening of one show, I'd like to see a mix.

Some of the newer shows I just never watch - like Love It or List It 2 --- they just don't have the personalities the originals do. And Rehab Addict - don't like her at all.

Posts: 6 | Location: Iowa | Registered: Apr 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am disappointed in the shows. Not everyone is in the market to buy. The remodeling projects are financially unrealistic for most that aren't avid DIYers' as well as the time frame. Remember there are crew members that aren't being seen in the shows. I loved Matt and Sheri, Decorating Cents, Room for Change, Trash to Treasure, Sarahs House, Kitty Bartholomew "Your Home" and lets not forget Candice. Gone are the good shows that gave us inspiring inexpensive changes that for the most part were doable and on a budget. I know that some of the shows are being aired on different stations such as PBS, a station that we do not get. I subscribe to Matt and Sheri and love the videos they show.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post