Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All those beautiful windows.... Sign In/Join 
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Hello dreamers! Beautiful day in So. cal. Last night Raccoon went fishing in my pond and ate my 8 inch goldfish. IT was so large it looked like coy. We had this one about 6 years lost a couple to a large egrete a couple years ago. Now one lone fish is living with the turtles getting your mind off the bears.

Bill I was stuck in an elevator with a 2 year old once. I still use the stairs if less than 3 stories.

360 will be here before we know it. I think we are really going to enjoy this one. I wonder what interesting decorating ideas Linda has this year?

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sendchocolate:
Alice I think the bears got to me because the area where I live is having a lot of bear problems this year and that is not normal for Orlando.

Hmmm maybe the bears escaped from Disneyworld??

Eek Eek Eek WHAAAaaTTT!!?!?!?!? Bears in Orlando! LOL my fav vaca destination and I am quite certain those bears at WDW at the Country Bear thingy are....er....(no kids reading this right?)...um....permanently attached. Big Grin But as I am not going this year...sigh...will have my gf check on her visit and do a count.....Razz

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7427 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Nursejudy turned the page! Now it really is a DH MB.... Big Grin.

Mr. Bill thanks for sharing....I completely understand anxiety even when it's irrational....unless there ARE walrus' in CA?!?!?! w

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Walrus in California is probable. The Pacific ocean covers the southern coastline from top to bottom, but none at Lake Tahoe. We have cute seals and otters as well.

I hope we hear from someone who lives up that way soon as I can't go until tour time.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:
Nursejudy turned the page! Now it really is a DH MB.... Big Grin.

Mr. Bill thanks for sharing....I completely understand anxiety even when it's irrational....unless there ARE walrus' in CA?!?!?! w

It's not irrational. It really happened to me. I was trapped for an hour in an elevator with a lovelorn, nearsighted walrus trying to kiss me with that bristly moustache of his until I was rescued by a drunken tightrope walker and the bearded lady at the circus where I worked part time while attending classes for vertically challenged nuclear powerplant operators at my local college.

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3616 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin (but to note noone here made any reference to your...er...height...)Wink

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmmm maybe the bears escaped from Disneyworld??

From the Country Jamboree?

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I was at Disneyland this week and no bears roaming around except for Winnie the Pooh.

What a site it would be to see the view outside those windows.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Forgot about poohbear.....that red shirt would be easy to spot! Big Grin Just put the honey jar out far from the house.....Wink That's right they razed the Country Bear Jamboree from DL.....so they must have migrated to Florida! :P

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Pooh Bear, Tigger and all their friends in the Hundred Acre Wood would be welcome to warm themselves by the fire with a Pot of Hunny, Mug of Cocoa any old time they pleased.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Tell them no paw prints on the glass windows....I am still pondering snowfall imprints and how to wash...wonder if they will address that in special?

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
No nose prints either. Nothin's worse than a nosy bear.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Good point JSB....maybe we should all go into bear denial....once that 360 is up it will give us new material though....Big Grin

I was thumbing through my PB catalog the other day and there were so many bear themed accessories I was tempted to count them.... Roll Eyes

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Are Bears the new Penguins? I.e., the gotta have item this year?

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of Kellymiller
posted Hide Post
The discussion seems to give a lot of info to the existing members as well in terms of some really good suggestions flowing from house owners. Thanks all for sharing.

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Nov 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Anyone been checking out the videos on HGTVRemodels?

http://www.hgtvremodels.com/hg...14/videos/index.html

A couple of them (Roof Trusses & Collar Ties) show some installed finishes in the Kitchen & Living Room.

Kitchen cabinets are going to be dark (black??). And looks like there might be room for one of those Sub-zero Pro freezer/fridge combos.

Think I caught a glimpse of field-stone cladding the fireplace.

I am really, really falling in love with this place.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Shakesbear

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
JSB!!! That is hilarious! It reminds me of book DS just had home on StarWars done in shakesphere mode....but seems we have very well read bears at our Dreamhome!

I saw lots of snow pics up on blog thanks for heads up on vids. One pic had a couple of cute throw pillows with nice patterns on it! Think on brown couch.....lots of earthtones in this home I LOVE IT!!! Cool

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I better check out those videos

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. That brown couch will not do so well with my light colored kitties. Gonna need slipcovers.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
But you see JSB those bear hairs will not be evident at all! Big Grin

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:
But you see JSB those bear hairs will not be evident at all! Big Grin

LOL

Now *that's* a relief!

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see what is inside those beautiful windows!

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
The view of the mountains must be getting snowier. Lifts are due to open on Nov 27, just in time for a long week-end at the DH for Turkey Day.

http://squaw.com/the-mountain/conditions

Pack up your skis. I'll meet you there.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
As I am getting ready to make my thanksgiving dinner, I am thinking how nice it would be to have it at the dream home next Thanksgiving.

Now that is good dreaming

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Totally agree with you, NJ. This house is made for entertaining.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It sure would be a great place to have people over. It would be a great place to be around during the holidays.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I'm dreaming of a Christmas tree in the entryway - visible from all parts of the house thru all those windows and a huge wreath over the mantle.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same Dream Smile

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Snow showers today in Truckee. No doubt there will be a White Christmas.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be kewl if half of the Christmas tree could be on the outside of the window at the rear of the entryway and the other half of the tree on the inside of the house.

Is there any way to do that?

Posts: 1099 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn't it be kewl if half of the Christmas tree could be on the outside of the window at the rear of the entryway and the other half of the tree on the inside of the house.

Send, you could knock out all the glass with a sledge hammer and then put the tree right into the opening you just created! Half inside and half outside. Of course that is only one way to do it, there might be other other ways. Let me think about it some more.

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3616 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Bill:
quote:

Send, you could knock out all the glass with a sledge hammer and then put the tree right into the opening you just created! Half inside and half outside. Of course that is only one way to do it, there might be other other ways. Let me think about it some more.

Love the way your mind works Mr Bill... You made me laugh and boy did I need that today.

Your way would be possible but leave the house a little drafty. Try taking the panels of glass out and then put the tree in the way you want it. Then very carefully cut the glass so it would fit snug around the truck and the branches and glue it all together. It would be delicate work but if anyone could do it you could. May be best to use an artificial tree.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sendchocolate,

Posts: 1099 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Must get TWO trees!!

Big Grin

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think two trees would be the most practical as mentioned by JSB. Those pine trees outside would also look beautiful with lights. My son-in-law put up my lights here, if we win the dreamhome he will have to come up to Tahoo to help with the lights there.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Get a very straight tree and take it to the local sawmill, you know like the villain used to tie the maiden to before the hero showed up to save the day. Slice the tree in half from the stump to the tip and install each half right up against the glass, one inside, one out.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Interesting idea Chuck Steak. This dream home would look so petty dressed up for Christimas.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Seriously......please decorate this DH with a Christimas theme. I would LOVE to see it done! What a gorgeous display could be made here!

Posts: 5238 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It would be so beautiful Trish. I can see it now! I can see a tree in the beautiful windows in the great room and another in the entry way looking out. I can picture outside lighting on both the pine trees (with large decorations) and lining the roof. I think Garland and poinsettias on the deck and in the outside entry. Oh I almost forgot the wreath on the front door.If i winthat is my Christmas plan Smile

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
It would have been lovely with all that snow to have had the house decorated for Christmas.

We'll just have to use our minds-eye.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
You mean....the snow's already melted there? Oh my! Not here!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
No, I meant that while the HGTV crew was at the house filming the 360 etc, they had decorated for the holidays and taken some pictures of the house that way. With all the pre-lit stuff nowadays, that shouldn't have been very hard to temporarily add a few decorations.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trish212:
You mean....the snow's already melted there? Oh my! Not here!

Actually, I think that initial snowfall did melt quickly, but at this latest snow looks likely to last until spring... a very late spring.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
OK....now, I AM confused.

JSB, are you saying some rooms were set up with a Christmas decorated theme? YES! What a terrific idea! Another way of filming the DH for the holiday season. Woohoo!

If not, I'll have to snip some pics of the DH and paint and paste them on a Dream Board. Then, move items around here and there to see the best look of it. Decorating through technology, so much easier and cleaner. Who worries about storage then, right? Smile And we really shouldn't be doing this unless our name has been drawn from that bin. BTW, when does THIS start?

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Trish, sorry about not being clear. I was just speculating that IF the HGTV crew had brought some Christmas decorations with them to the shoot, the pictures would have been amazing considering the snow that had fallen. Then we wouldn't have to imagine what it might look like.

But second thought: our imaginations are probably far better than reality.

And third thought: this sub-thread isn't worth half the time it has consumed.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Snow and christmas really do go well together.

It would have looked great decorated thanksgiving style for fall as well.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Where is everyone? the Christmas trees up, the lights are on and the dreamers are sitting in front of the outdoor fireplace ready to make somores and hot chocolate. HGTV had the ingredients ready on the bakers rack outside ready for the party.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
All the dreamers must be out schussing or slaloming down one of the nearby slopes. We'll be primed for hot chocolate & s'mores soon.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!