Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Countdown to 360˚ Virtual Tours Sign In/Join 
Picture of sendchocolate
posted
17 days until December 3, 2013, at 9 a.m. ET

I need a project to do so the time will pass faster.

Taking care of four baby kittens just isn't enough.. all they do is sleep and eat.. sleep and eat.. they will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sendchocolate,

Posts: 1090 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
I can't wait until the 370 degree virtual tour begins. That's the one that shows the whole house in and out plus the bears lurking up in the trees.

Sendchocolate, I can come over and you can take care of me too. All I do is eat and sleep just like your baby kittens.

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3585 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
370 sounds like it would be fun...I bet it will show more then just bears lurking..

A visit would be nice but don't bring any ants. I have way to many of those... come to think of it I have bunches of frogs too. Feel free to take any of these home with you.. I have a feeling you wouldn't get much sleep here. Those kittens are going to be up running around in no time.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Bill:
I can't wait until the 370 degree virtual tour begins. That's the one that shows the whole house in and out plus the bears lurking up in the trees.

Sendchocolate, I can come over and you can take care of me too. All I do is eat and sleep just like your baby kittens.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jan 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
370 tour, now that sounds really interesting Mr. Bill. What interesting things we can view with that extra 10%. I can't wait to see the tour.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 10% Bears?!!! Eek That is one big home and I am trying to imagine 10% bears....think I will go 10% secret rooms....Razz

Thanks for countdown Sendchocolate! Smile Now it seems more official! WOW is it really that soon! I like a nice number to grab onto....
Pic of kitties please!!!Smile

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7305 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Counting down... Only 16 more days until the Dream Home 2014 virtual tours start on December 3, 2013 at 9 a.m. ET

Only 11 days until Thanksgiving... my favorite holiday of the whole year!!!!! I can smell the turkey cooking already..

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:
Pic of kitties please!!!Smile

Alice I just realized I don't know how to post pictures. After all these years on this mb and I have never posted a picture.. I can't believe it..

Not that I have any good pictures yet. They seen to all look like tribbles right now... you remember tribbles don't you.

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Oh yes I remember those funny things....how to post pics...it's more difficult as the upper toys don't work anymore...but if you upload your pics to whatever you normally do on puter...then click add attachment, when you get to your pic right click OPEN WITH and then click on microsoft office picture manager...the click edit and there is an option on right for resize, then I scroll down near top to small web size and hit enter then save as or save and it will ask if you want to replace that pic I choose yes....it's easy once you do it but otherwise your pic is normally TOO BIG to attach.

Tribbles and kitties are much less scary than bears!!! Big Grin But am allergic to the latter and most likely the former too... Razz Just plain 'ol scared of bears!!! Eek

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
I am not doing to well... 5th try...

This is Grey Poupon

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Awww.. so cute!

Hope the kitties don't wind up in the trees! Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JSB,

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1032 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
OOOH YOU DID IT!!! Big Grin Thanks for sharing such an adorable kitty!!! My Mother always knew when I was at friends holding the baby kitties...my arms would be all red but it was so worth it! Smile Do you plan to keep any? Smile

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Not going to keep. I bought this house 2 years ago and it came with a bunch of feral cats. One by one I have caught, fixed and found homes for dozens of cats. I'm down to 4 outdoor and one in the house... that's the one that had the babies. I am hoping these kittens will be ready to go by Christmas and bring lots of love and joy to their forever homes. I may keep one cause she is a lot smaller then the rest. Vet says I should put her down but I just couldn't do that. She seems healthy... eats and plays just like the others. If she starts to look like she is suffering I will put her down but not as long as she looks at me with life in her eyes. I bottle feed her and make sure she gets plenty of Mom's milk everyday. She eats like a little piggy. I named her Jelly Bean.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sendchocolate:
I bottle feed her and make sure she gets plenty of Mom's milk everyday. She eats like a little piggy. I named her Jelly Bean.

She sounds like she's got spunk and will be a fine lap-warmer for somebody some day.

=^.^=

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1032 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
oooh....Send did you know Lindi on the DHMB? She was a cat gal and kind to the feral kitties...we agreed over 5 was considered a cat lady. Razz The man who is building my mantel had an extreme cat lady across the way til a few years ago....you know, the ones with over 30!!! Eek Smile

Thanks for being so kind to the wayward cats....Smile. GO and GROW JELLYBEAN! She can be our official 2014Dreamhomekitty.

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
12 DAYS!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin OOooOooOoh.....I saw blog got a new hostess...wonder if she will spill more pics before the reveal? Smile

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Twelve - Twelve - Twelve

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Twelve

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Where is Send? Must be kittysitting....Mr. Bill must be out on bear patrol.....Wink. Hope he got over his walrus thing....guess the 360 will put him at ease that there are no elevators... Razz.

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
I am here... busy day... and I come home to a house full of ants... after hours of cleaning that up I decided to do something where I could sit for awhile so I went to Healthcare.gov to try to signup... Boy was that a waste of time. I filled out the same thing about 6 times. After 3 hours of crashing and trying again I gave up. Can't believe I lasted so long. Jelly Bean is doing good. Every time I checked on him today he was eating.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
12 days and counting Smile

Did you all see the neat snow pictures?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5551 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Oh this is a good one....today's number is 11!
Can you find all 11 bears in this tree outside the dreamhome.... Big Grin

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Oh Send....what a bummer on the health thingy...I heard it was getting better...but think that was the gov's take on the situation Roll Eyes I was especially perplexed when they mentioned they were dropping a 1000 doctors....thinking I can just see someone signing up thinking phew I did it and got my doctor I have had 20 years ...and then BOOM.... Frown Hope you have a better experience next time.

Thanks for update on Jellybean! Smile
Now do your bear search and escape into Dreamhome mode....Big Grin.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
What a mess 'o bears!

Hope that was not taken right outside the DH! Eek

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB:
What a mess 'o bears!

That photo was taken yesterday. It's the tree right outside the master bathroom window!

~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3585 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JSB:
What a mess 'o bears!

That photo was taken yesterday. It's the tree right outside the master bathroom window!

ROTFL....sad but true! Razz They simply edited it out of the outdoor pics on the blog.....Wink.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Good news... Jelly Bean gained 1 ounce this week... he is now 6.5 ounces

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
That is excellent news Send! Smile Maybe we can get a pic of our mascot! Wink Does he look at all like Grey Poupon?

10 just 10 DAYS!!! Big Grin See the logic is if we count down bears, that when the big day arrives the bears will be nonexistant.... Razz

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Here is Jelly Bean together with Grey Poupon. Grey weighs 1 pound 2 ounces. JB is a black tabby with white feet, face and chest. Both look like they will have long hair.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good news... Jelly Bean gained 1 ounce this week... he is now 6.5 ounces

Great news!

Both of them look like they will not have any trouble finding a loving home.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am here... busy day... and I come home to a house full of ants... after hours of cleaning that up I decided to do something where I could sit for awhile so I went to Healthcare.gov to try to signup... Boy was that a waste of time. I filled out the same thing about 6 times. After 3 hours of crashing and trying again I gave up. Can't believe I lasted so long. Jelly Bean is doing good. Every time I checked on him today he was eating.

Hey! Anybody seen my ant farm guys? I came home and their cage door was open. They all took off somewhere and now I can't find them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr.Bill,

~♥~ ~♥~

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bill, Is that your ant farm at the chocolate household?

I am still enjoying those winter pictures.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
Don’t worry Mr. Bill if those were your ants at my house they should be home soon. I sent them packing..

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Too funny you 3....LOL YOU DO HAVE BEAR ISSUES SEND!

Ok now this is a bit tricky but today's bear reduction # is 9!!! Can you discern 9 bears hiding in and around the 2013 Dreamhome kitchen??!?! Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GreenAlice,

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I only see 8. Maybe the 9th is visiting at the DH.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JSB,

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think I see 9 bears. Cute kitchen

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
JSB they are tricky those bears....I thought the knife holder hid one but not so sure... Razz
So no searching today...rather educational bear ID day for 8 species and most do not live in proximity of DH....Phew....Big Grin
8 days til we can explore the DH2014!!! WOO HOO!!!

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Yay for the Panda - my fav.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Yes JSB it's rather easier to think on those kind of bears who are not even remotely likely to visit the Dreamhome....Big Grin

Which reminds me back to bear countdown....7 BEARS...oops I mean 7 DAYS TIL 360!!!! Big Grin

Ok so I had a hard time getting the bears to pose today...but meanwhile found a good solution for keeping bears away from Dreamhome next Spring.....all we need is a vacant lot a good distance away.... Wink.

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
SIX!!!! Is that all!?!?! Eek Get all that Christmas shopping, baking, card writing, wrapping done so you can totally immerse self in DH2014! Smile

Here is one big family who is also bearly able to contain selves watching Linda and Jack get the home all ready for tours and 360....they have been pondering what it all means...Big Grin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GreenAlice,

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I think they are waiting for Thanksgiving leftovers.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Well that will sure put those bear proof garbage cans to the test!!! Big Grin

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
I'm going out in the woods around the DH2014 to find a turkey for tomorrows dinner. I just want to know if anybody here has ever been bitten by a turkey? Do they have sharp teeth?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr.Bill,

~♥~ ~♥~

Picture of sendchocolate
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going out in the woods around the DH2014 to find a turkey for tomorrows dinner. I just want to know if anybody here has ever been bitten by a turkey? Do they have sharp teeth?

They don't bite they peck. In the wild they travel in packs. Watch out, you may get one but the others will come after you.... wouldn't you rather go pick up one up at the corner market?

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They don't bite they peck. In the wild they travel in packs. Watch out, you may get one but the others will come after you.... wouldn't you rather go pick up one up at the corner market?

My favorite part of the turkey is the feathers, the beak and the feet.I think they taste the best when mixed together with mushroom gravy. When you you buy a turkey at the market they don't have any feathers on them and they take off the beaks and feet.The turkey processors probably take those delicacies for themselves before they ship the turkeys off to the market.

~♥~ ~♥~

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:

My favorite part of the turkey is the feathers, the beak and the feet.

Reminds me of the time a colleague who was a recent immigrant from China asked where he could find chicken feed.

Agway.

No, feed.

Agway.

No, no... feed FEED. At end of chicken leg.

Ohhh...

Bill, if those greedy turkey processors and/or bears get to the beaks and feet before you do, we've got an Asian supermarket that can't be beat. No problem getting you some feed... um, FEET.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
LOL parts I wouldn't touch personally but something for everyone! Eek

So just for today these guys wanted to come into the DH2013 thinking of escape...Wink Big Grin
5 DAYS!!!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
As I was eating my wonderful thanksgiving feast, I was thinking one of us could be thanksgiving in the dream home next year.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
FIVE YES 5 DAYS TIL 360!!!! Big Grin

Hope everyone had an awesome meal and thankful time with family and friends....Wink.

Guess those DH bears are friendly as well....

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
GA, lets not count today, then it is only 4. I can hardly wait. Still stuffed from Thanksgiving, it was a great family day.

Having some liquid sunshine here in California (they say it does not rain here). A beautiful day to dream. Loved the last group of sneak peek pictures. making it especially hard to wait for more. Smile

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥