Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Year of Birth on Entry Form Sign In/Join 
Picture of Silly4Houses
posted
If you must be 21 to enter, why include year of birth options 1994-2014? Gotta down scroll past those years every day when I enter. Just sayin'!

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Yea, Silly...

It's kind of annoying for those of us who have to scroll down. Alot.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silly4Houses
posted Hide Post
LOL! I know! Makes me feel oooooold!

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some strange reason, there seems to be a glitch on the year of birth area of the registration form. For the last few days, it will not let me scroll down to my year of birth to complete the registration. Anyone else having this issue?

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted Hide Post
No, not I.
But I'm not giving my real birthdate anyway.
I never give my real birthdate.
I'm not screwing with their demographics, I just don't think they need to know my real birthdate nor do they need to share it with a third party.
I've read their privacy policy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 46 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
They are ensuring a minor is not being registered. HGTV explained the reason on a question/answer on the Blog. When they make a change, it is because it has been a problem in the past. I do believe you can be disqualified from winning by giving information that is not true.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The birth year area gave me a problem as well. You just need to grab the pull down ever so carefully. My husband could not get registered yesterday because of that issue.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
They are ensuring a minor is not being registered. HGTV explained the reason on a question/answer on the Blog. When they make a change, it is because it has been a problem in the past. I do believe you can be disqualified from winning by giving information that is not true.

I'll risk it. They may say they are simply insuring you are not a minor, but then why not just have a box to check that says I'm not a minor. They want demographics. They want to know who we are where we live and how old we are. They sell advertising on air and on their website.
They want to know who they are targeting.
Their entry form isn't secure, I'm not putting my birthday full name home address and phone on it.
They have enough to contact me, if they decide I should be disqualified because they didn't provide a secure site, oh well. I honestly don't think I need to lose sleep over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 46 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
I keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. It adds 25 minutes onto my entry time by the time I get to the year I was born. Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3616 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DesertDreamer from Albuquerque used to entertain with her suggestions of nominations for "Best Whatever" here on MB.

Along with the "Best Poet" award, I nominate Chance for, "Best Reading" Posts (not bad for a debutante who is only 39!!!)...
and Most Articulate Poster, although adding that second award does appear patronizing. Sorry! :>)

Mr. Bill gets nomination for best, "Can you top this?" cartoon posts.

And oh, what a sense of decency we have here!!! :>)
Let the fun roll on.

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
You are correct Tango, a great group of dreamers.

Age is just relative, so I am not worrying about anyone knowing how hold/young I am.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Never ever print your real birthdate with name and address on any form. The scammers (identity thieves) love to have that info.

html

Posts: 2539 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post