Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Contests & Giveaways
Hop To Forums   Dream Home 2014 in Lake Tahoe, CA has ended
  Will They Surprise You With the Dream Home before the Academy Awards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will They Surprise You With the Dream Home before the Academy Awards? Sign In/Join 
posted
by knocking on your door.
Corny Question? Yes

Hmmmm, If you could go to the Academy Award Celebration and had only once choice which would you choose?

1)Sitting on the main floor in the middle section to view the award ceremony.

2) Going to the meal afterward cooked by Wolfgang Puck.

Please explain why.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leafly,

Posts: 787 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Beez
posted Hide Post
Wolfgang Puck for SURE! Big Grin

Posts: 432 | Registered: Mar 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Beez,

I've edited my choices a bit changing the balcony seat to the main floor mid section.

Was doing three different things when I first posted this thread....

posted Hide Post
Wolfgan Puck. Iam a cater and a foodie.
What else would I choose.

Posts: 6 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beez and Chocaholic,

I'm at your table.

Unless, I get to sit with hmmm, Julie Roberts, Merle Streep, Ron Howard,
Matthew MaCoughanahhehehe( how the heck is his last name spelled?--Not going to google it)

If they put me with Woody Allen I'll eat in the kitchen.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I'm all for the food. My mother was a theatre critic and we saw many people in my life and they are just like the rest of us except everyone knows their name. My preference is winning the dreamhome

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5618 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nurse Judy,

Yes, The dream home trumps them all. Can you tell who you saw?

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Dreamhome or watching something like the Olympics, but will stretch my mind to remember.
Since i grew up awhile ago Leafy, I will start with some of the oldies from stage theatre. Julie Andrews, Christopher plumber, Eddie Albert, Natalie Wood, ZhaZha Gabor, Juliet Prowse, PHyllis Diller, The entire cast from Gillagans Island and Petitcoat Junction, Marice Chevalier, Liberace, Herb Alpert and the Tiajuna brass, The smothers brothers, Carol Bernett, Red Skelton, Jack Benny, John Travolta, Marie and Donny Osmond, Shirley Temple, Audrey Hepborn and so many more I'd have to stop and think to remember their names. We went to every opening night and the after parties. Just living here where so many actors and actress live,just to mention a few, I Saw Martin Sheen at the airport being picked up by his son, Charlie and I road a unicycle in a parade with one of the daughters from full house (she went to my daughters high school). My daughter and i sat on the jungle ride at Disneyland about a month ago and talked to one of the ladies from *** in the City. Have seen some of the "friends group as they live here in Southern Calif. where they frequent the same places as the regular people do. As a child I collected many autographs on the press photographs, but today i often do not even notice they are there unless someone points then out because they are just people who live here in Southern Cal. Often I only remember their character names and ask my husband to remind me the real name. I do enjoy the movies like everyone else. I just learned growing up in that life to look with perspective. We have friends who are comic strip artists and artist for dreamworks. It is just their job and they like to live their lives just like the rest of us.

Just think all those TV's in the Dreamhome you could watch many Movies or the academy awards or the bowl games, or all the DIY and HGTV channels , many at the same time. Now that would be fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nursejudy,

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5618 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nurse Judy,

I've seen a few of them too but nothing, nothing like you have seen.

When I see them by chance I kind of feel like, "Oh my Gosh, They're not aliens. They simply came out of the TV screen and they're here." I saw Tom Selleck in my home town when Magnum was popular. I've also passed by and seen other major stars, not on purpose. They are human beings like all of us who need their privacy

posted Hide Post
Ellen should come to the Dream Home Award Ceremony, Maybe she'll order pizza. She transformed the AA's into something unique and light while maintaining the dignity. It was truly fun to watch but I had rewound half of it because I was late to tune in. So I was able to fast forward through some speeches that ---- I'm quite sure were boring. I didn't hear the technical award speeches for Gravity. I'm so glad I could make the recipients walk and talk fast.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
neat Leafy, how fun. My Hubby saw Tom Selleck at a Deli near UCLA as well. i guess he gets around.

Doorbell just rang,hoped for HGTV dream team, but it was just the man collecting for painting the house numbers on the curb.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
If they ring the door bell today at my house, the nation will see me without makeup. If I get the house, who cares? Not me.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
NO make-up here either. If I am not going to work or somewhere special I often do not wear makeup. I felt good the other day as I had mentioned to a friend i had no makeup on and they were surprised said my skin looked so good. My hair looks good today so they can come knock on my door, I'm ready and waiting.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Hope you win ... if I don't win. (Wink)

Thank goodness for hair curlers, hair dye, makeup, hair stylists and especially the freedom not to use them every day.

Picture of zeydrajo
posted Hide Post
Hope they wait till later tonight to surprise me **wink wink**. I sure am hungry for Moe's Grill tonight. Yummy! But other than that I am ready for them.

Good luck everyone!

**Today's mighty oak tree is just yesterday's firmly grounded nut!--author unknown***

Posts: 1707 | Location: In the haystack--I'm the needle. | Registered: Jan 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Still waiting Wink Enjoy Moe's sounds good. Good luck all. Wink

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Good Luck all. I'm doing a good job at forgetting about the contest until next year. --Not trying to be negative. Just looking at the odds. Someone will win! Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Never give up Leafy, not until they announce the winner.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
Hi Nurse Judy, (Smile)

Yes, A lucky someone will win!

If they come in the soothing Spring drizzle to my house today I might be at my dental appointment or the art supply store but at least my hair will be rolled. (Wink)

Picture of The Beez
posted Hide Post
JSB, I think it is April the 15th 6:00pm!
Best Wishes! I hope to see YOU on the TV that day! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Beez,

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
LOL....t a x day....how appropriate since everyone appears to comment on this part of the Dream. LOL

Did you know....not only is it t a x day....it's also the sinking of the Titanic AND the death of Abraham Lincoln. Yep, for one person, it will mean something wonderful. Smile

Posts: 5182 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
That's the same date that the Smart Home sweeps begins. Maybe they're planning a two-fer broadcast?

Seems odd.

Or maybe they are just waiting to ambush until *all of that snow* melts. Which could take some time.

Looking good for the northern latitudes. Wink

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Luck to people in the northern latitudes. It's your time to win.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you know....not only is it t a x day....it's also the sinking of the Titanic AND the death of Abraham Lincoln. Yep, for one person, it will mean something wonderful.

Lincoln is my favorite president, perhaps that's a sign

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think it's time for a southern California winner

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
It's time for a MB winner!

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, If it isn't me, maybe it will be you Nurse Judy or you JSB. That will cover a lot of bases. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Just realized TODAY is St. Pat's Day. Daughter's SP Parade was held Saturday. This has really thrown me off schedule. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

TY Leafly for reminding me.

Posts: 5182 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
They just announced that Laura from Boise, Id. won our 2014 dreamhome. I am sure she and her husband Scott are very happy.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trish212:
Just realized TODAY is St. Pat's Day. Daughter's SP Parade was held Saturday. This has really thrown me off schedule. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

TY Leafly for reminding me.

You are welcome!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
They just announced that Laura from Boise, Id. won our 2014 dreamhome. I am sure she and her husband Scott are very happy.

I can relax. Best Wishes to the winners.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leafly:
quote:

I can relax. Best Wishes to the winners.

Second that.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I'm gearing up for the smart home Wink

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
And voting for the Blog Cabin.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Yes voting for the blog cabin as well

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
I've never participated in those activities.
--Gotta Do it.

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
There are lots of ways to waste time.

Wink

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
JSB so it better be by doing something fun.Wink When your life is busy, Dreaming at HGTV gives one a happy perspective.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Got to agree with you, NJ. Always fun (& good) to dream.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Just in case you all heard the news, yes we had a big earthquake last night, but we are OK. It shook very violently. My kids a couple miles from us had a lot of damage on their home (they were in the epi-center), but they are OK as well and believe it or not the baby slept right through it. Grateful today for protection.

Keep up the dream as these neat homes sure put a nice positive spin on life.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just in case you all heard the news, yes we had a big earthquake last night, but we are OK. It shook very violently. My kids a couple miles from us had a lot of damage on their home (they were in the epi-center), but they are OK as well and believe it or not the baby slept right through it. Grateful today for protection.

Keep up the dream as these neat homes sure put a nice positive spin on life.

Glad your family is safe. One of my DD's lives in Woodland Hills and she said it seemed like it lasted almost a minute. She is safe and no visible damage to the structure.

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3591 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
So glad you are safe, NJ.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

I'm not afraid!

Picture of The Beez
posted Hide Post
NurseJudy, I am glad you are ok from the Earthquake.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad your family is safe. One of my DD's lives in Woodland Hills and she said it seemed like it lasted almost a minute. She is safe and no visible damage to the structure

Glad your DD was ok as well.She is about an hour or so from us. I agree with her, it seemed like it lasted forever. It is because it was only a mile deep which is close to the surface for an earthquake and they seem to shake rather than role which is much worse and more scary.Feels like a giant grabs your house and violently shakes it. Most we have sort of roll by. Even though this one epi-centered where we are, it was felt clear to San Diego, palm springs, and way north way past where your daughter lives. Many of the faults cross each other, so we experience the quake from many areas. So glad there were not a lot of injuries, just damage.

Back to dreaming, I can hardly wait to see the smart home complete inside. I never been to Nashville.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
I'm glad you all are safe. I'm sorry about the damage to your familys' homes. That's expensive!