Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Contests & Giveaways
Hop To Forums   Dream Home 2014 in Lake Tahoe, CA has ended
  Have past winners managed the assets profitably
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have past winners managed the assets profitably Sign In/Join 
posted
I've never know a lottery or dream home winner but I've heard that some lottery winners lose their money and make bad decisions.

Does anyone know the history of the dream home winners. Have they managed their assets well?

Posts: 810 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting question...there is a past winner who posts here occasionally, hopefully they came out on top; but they may have been the only winner who didn't sell immediately.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I believe all winners were very happy

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5662 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I won a cruise on a cruise line once. The contest had made plenty of money for the cruise line but as in real life the win cost me money to collect. We had to upgrade and pay all taxes. I saved the price of one cabin and a lousy one at that. The saying, there is nothing for nothing is true. The cruise line had made a lot of money running the contest, but, they wanted more.

html

Posts: 2526 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you had to go through that flboy. I'm almost afraid of cruises. --never been on one, quarters seem close to me.

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Leafly, I love cruising. If you are the cook, maid, babysitter and the do it all person inside of the home, it is a real vacation. We have been on many and my DH is screaming NO MORE CRUISES now. We have a bucket list and I hope everyone has good health and can save enough money nowadays to go on a trip at least every two years. Your health is as tricky as a good marriage, some have it and some do not. The Dream home is another way to dream and cheaper.

html

Posts: 2526 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Everything makes for good decisions and can cost money, but dreaming is just the right price.

I can picture myself sitting at the counter in the kitchen having a cup of hot chocolate as we speak.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5662 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
WHOOEE! You betcha!

html

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Or sitting around the fire, gabbing with my good friends, the Dreamers.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Yes JSB, Coffee and conversation around the fire with the dreamers. Now that's what i call dream home dreaming.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I'll bring some brownies. Smile

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
My mouth is watering already.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

posted Hide Post
I'll make popcorn and bring caramel candied apples. Save me some hot chocolate with marshmallows. That's my favorite.

Flboy, I hear you about health. My Dad wanted to travel more than what he did in reality. He told me to do that and not delay.
Gotta go to Paris-See the art museums and fashion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leafly,

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Tasty popcorn Leafy, yes we saved you some hot chocolate.

The coffee maker in the dream home kitchen is really neat. latte's anyone?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥