Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone toured the new 2014 Dream Home? Sign In/Join 
Picture of BillAngFl
posted
Can't find a post about someone actually touring it. We need info and pictures Wink

Posts: 149 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted Hide Post
I did, it's a lovely home in a lovely place.
Nice community.
I really couldn't tell you much more than you already know and my pictures didn't turn out that great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 45 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
No bears about Chance? Big Grin Glad you got to be there in person....missing the days when many would post their experiences and pics....and secret cubby holes discovered with bitty things left behind by dreamers! Smile

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7310 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chance-in-hell
posted Hide Post
Didn't see a single bear. But that doesn't mean they won't show up later.
I went with other dreamers I have toured with before.
It's unfortunate this board doesn't hold the same allure.
Many have moved on to less moderated pastures.
I'm sure the overlords here appreciate it.

Made some great friends on this board and continue to stay in touch and visit them regularly. For that I do have to thank hgtv along with the fact that they gave us a board where, for about two years, we were an awesome community of like minded folks, That were not stifled by moderation.
I mean, you can't even type my board name now, yet they let me have it back then.
I get it though, their board, their rules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah it's me chanceinhell, Member since Jan 03. I had to reregister because the overlords wouldn't let me in.
That's how I roll.

Posts: 45 | Location: Absurdestan | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good post, Chance. We do need to hold up posts that stand out; and to throw a rebuke at the really innocuous ones, which are appearing more often.

Posts: 3157 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Yep I know what you mean...I miss the hustle and bustle of active discussion....but truly haven't seen gumby about much the past few years....doesn't mean they wouldn't patrol board again if activity boosted....seems they have moved on to the blog activity.

Still nice to see dreamers come back to where it all began! Smile

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
Hey Tango, always has been odd new posters show up trolling during dreaming time....that one with all the links to see things online must not have much of a life beyond posting virus's Roll Eyes Pretty easy to spot anyhow, but seems reporting them doesn't get a very fast response if any to shut them down these days! Frown

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GreenAlice:
Hey Tango, always has been odd new posters show up trolling during dreaming time....that one with all the links to see things online must not have much of a life beyond posting virus's Roll Eyes([/QUOT ]
They won't make Varsity, Ms. Green.

Posts: 3157 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Some of us are still here. Anxiously waiting for the dream team to come by

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5614 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
Looks like they finally got that Spammer/s cleared off the board.

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB
posted Hide Post
I take that back - just saw another spam.

(rolleyes)

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Posts: 1039 | Location: New Joisey | Registered: Mar 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post