Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Design on a Dime
  what has happened to HGTV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what has happened to HGTV Sign In/Join 
posted
I can no longer stand to watch house hunters, love it or list it etc. what happen to shows we loved. This is now no one in middle class which is who your followers are can afford the million dollar homes or renavations. What happened to helping us by showing design shows that we can do on a fixed budget with what we have. Were is Design on a Dime, decorating Cents, The good shows. I cant stand HGTV anymore

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Join the club.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, disappointing and disgusting. Nothing I want to watch.
Call it Real Estate TV?

Posts: 4 | Location: VA | Registered: Oct 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing to watch anymore. A few years back there was such a nice variety of shows on HGTV. Not anymore, same old thing, over and over. I am sick to death of House Hunters and Love it or List it. What happened to the craft shows? Design on a Dime, Decorating Cents, and many other along those lines?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. I have always enjoyed watching HGTV but so tired of the same shows over and over again. Rarely watch anymore Frown

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is this network not responding to any inquiries about their channel and no new shows in decorating. Where are our favorite Designers? what is with the reruns and marathons.?
Why has HGTV not responded here or on Facebook. Don't get it. Aren't your ratings down?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Nina, et al: If you contact the Chat Line and let them know your thoughts and preferences regarding the shows, they will pass the word along to the Programming Department. If enough people contact them, maybe it will do some good.

You can reach the Chat Line by going to the Shows Forum and clicking on "Favorite Shows." At the top of the page there is a paragraph by HGTV and it contains a link "Viewer Services Department." Click on this and it takes you to the email form for HGTV. Above the form is a little green box and you click on it for the Chat Line. The only info they ask for is your name and email address. Sometimes the Chat Line is not available and I just try again later. They are usually there Mon-Fri 9 to 5.

I will give you the link, but I wanted to let you know how to get there without the link.

http://www.hgtv.com/contact-us/package/index.html

Hope this info helps. Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info @mriley.

Maybe HGTV execs have just run out of Canadian t.v. Shows to re-broadcast.

Posts: 1 | Location: Progrm feedback | Registered: Feb 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
You are welcome. Marylee

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with every post here! What has happened to HGTV?? It's boring with all the real estate shows! What about all the decorating shows? Where did they go??

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goober60:
I can no longer stand to watch house hunters, love it or list it etc. what happen to shows we loved. This is now no one in middle class which is who your followers are can afford the million dollar homes or renavations. What happened to helping us by showing design shows that we can do on a fixed budget with what we have. Were is Design on a Dime, decorating Cents, The good shows. I cant stand HGTV anymore

Posts: 2 | Location: Phildelphia, PA | Registered: Feb 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm new to this message board, but I too have been wondering what happened to all the decorating shows. Candice, David, Antonio, why have a show to choose the next Design Star if you're not going to have any design shows on the air?

Posts: 2 | Location: Phildelphia, PA | Registered: Feb 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ljptexas
posted Hide Post
Echo, echo!! Some of those renovations for 1 room would just about buy a house in the South!… Nothing geared to middle class!
Used to watch for hints but no more...

Posts: 145 | Location: NE of Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We all grew to love HGTV as our go to for current decorating trends. I loved all the decorating shows and LOVE design star. I am soooooo tired of all the different versions of house hunters, etc. PLEASE return to the shows we loved. I also love decorating with upcycled items. Come up with shows showing how to reuse items to make them current. And when you do put the decorating shows on they are old from 2011 and 2012. WHY????

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all these posts. HGtv is all about real estate now. Love it or List it is the silliest show I've ever watched and it's on everytime I turn to HGTV. The property brothers are dorky, and I hate the stupid competition thing between them. I loved the decorator shows. Did HGTV moguls decide they needed more manly men to attract more viewers? I would rethink that if I were they. Women like gay men and women decide how money is spent in the house. Not everyone is interested in buying a house,and even fewer want to rehab one. Most of us want our rooms to look nice and find ways we can do it without breaking the bank.

Posts: 1 | Location: Jackson, Miss | Registered: Jun 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to watch HGTV but budget design, and craft shows have totally been dropped for Canadian shows, garden makeovers for well of people.
Do crafters not exist any longer, yes we do. I know quilters that spend thousands of dollars for machines, fabrics , notions. Etc. i miss the old days of this channel.

Posts: 1 | Location: Duh! | Registered: Jul 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree..brother vs brother is really awful.... I do like fixer upper..... but I miss the decorating shows. Where are they???????

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. I want to learn how to design. I am not in the market for a home, for flipping, or doing a renovation. I used to love Design on a Dime, Candace, and all of the other old shows that gave great decorating and painting hints/lessons. Please bring them back.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I so agree. I used to love it and I still watch it because there is nothing else on tv I like to watch, but it makes me think of what happened to MTV! There are no gardening/landscaping shows, all the decorating shows are very similar..a designer fixing up a home..surprise at the end, no real discussion about how they did it or tricks of the trade. No one is teaching anyone to do anything anymore, which is very strange considering that DIY is more popular than ever.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post