Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Design on a Dime
  Where did the shows go?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where did the shows go? Sign In/Join 
Picture of duhtomek
posted
Is anyone else disappointed in HGTV lately? I miss some of the old shows. I personally get sick of the House Hunters and Real Estate intervention. If I want drama, I can watch MTV!!! Please bring back Sabrina, Taniya, and some of the other great designers! That is why we started watching HGTV in the first place!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Mar 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see how many complaints there have been. Why have you built a loyal following only to ignore requests from a seemingly faithful group. In this economy most of us are not hunting for real estate we cannot afford but we would love to update what we have by watching the wonderful designers you used to showcase. Candace Olsen. David from Color Splash, Ms. Nyack who we ocassionally see on Restaurant Impossible - even the man and woman from years ago, that you make fun of now, would be preferable to watching the same real estate shows in re-runs over and over again. Just don't bother!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! If HGTV wants to show real estate all over the world, then buy out the travel channel. I watch HGTV to see Sabrina Soto, Taniya Nayak, Genevieve Gorder, Candice Olsen, Vern Yip, Meg Caswell - Chip Wead's new show Elbow Room is great - and the other designers featured now or in the past, show us how we can decorate our homes; how to repurpose and reuse. Bring back what brought us to here in the first place HGTV!

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: May 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all the others in regard to "where did our shows go"? I am tired of Love It Or List It, now here is Love It Or List It too. Give me a break. Bring back our favorite, Design on a Dime, Genevive Corder, Candice Olson, Sandy on Property Virgins, David Bromstad.I miss all the decorating tips and before and afters. Love It Or List it David is repulsive and the Decorator, whatever her name is, always has problems with Contractor Eddie. For years, I have watched HGTV but I am thinking I will have to change my choices.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit watching Love it or List it, too. It was the same thing on every show, too big of a list, not enought money and hidden problems. Seems to me it was "scripted"

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! I miss all the old decorating shows! HGTV please listen to us!

Posts: 47 | Location: BROOMFIELD, CO, USA | Registered: Feb 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have watched HGTV for many years and shows have changed year after year. I miss Design on a Dime, Get It Sold, Debbie Travis, Property Virgins (Sandy)and Cash and Cari! It seems they're only on for a while and then replaced. Now they aren't even on the web site for us to watch online. Please bring back the old shows that brought us to HGTV way back when!

Posts: 2 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jun 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by interestedviewer:
I have watched HGTV for many years and shows have changed year after year. I miss Design on a Dime, Get It Sold, Debbie Travis, Property Virgins (Sandy)and Cash and Cari! It seems they're only on for a while and then replaced. Now they aren't even on the web site for us to watch online. Please bring back the old shows that brought us to HGTV way back when!

I too miss the decorating shows such as sarah's house; design on a dime; curb appeal the block; and the 30 minute shows from Design Star winners! The shows I absolutely refuse to watch are Love it or List It; new property virgins; & house hunters international!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all of these posts about where did all of the old shows go! I loved watching the gardening shows where you could learn about the different types of plants and where they would grow. Candice Olsen is my favorite designer and she gone. Then there was Sarah's House which was great - gone. There is too much repetition - House Hunters, Holmes on Homes (now on DIY but it to was repetitive), Love It or Leave It. It would be so nice to have a variety of decorating shows, garden shows, how to shows, etc. Please give us a variety. Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Location: ***** FL | Registered: Jul 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, where have the shows gone and are they ever going to come back? I don't need to see 1001 shows of House Hunters and Love it or List it every week. Please bring back the designers! David, Candace, Meg, Genevieve, Emily, Sarah. They are the reason most of us watch HGTV and not just on weekday morning, how about a nightime show or two and bring back saturday afternoons and evenings, that's when many people have the time to watch, not while they are at work and need to DVR them.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in agreement with the comments already posted. In fact, this is why I went through all the junk you have to do to get to this point on the page. I am unhappy with where HGTV has been going. I think the programming is getting lazy. Even if it were my favorite program, three hours of the same show is uninspiring and just plain boring. If I never see House Hunters, again, it will be too soon. I miss being inspired. Can you inspire us again, HGTV?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the HGTV of years ago. It was FANTASTIC! Such diverse, interesting, informative, entertaining programming. So classy. It is so sad to see how it has deteriorated to such a degree.

Posts: 6086 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree i started watching HGTV for the decorating shows and landscaping shows and now it should be called the real estate channel...it has lost the fan contributions and gone commercial.. and for my money love or list it could be leave it... and house hunters everywhere... my first place is helpful but truly there is no longer a reason for the average person to watch... design on a dime. room by room, qwenevieve .. to name a few were great shows for the everyday people...we need to get back to the route of the show...they attracted all the fans...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with most of the above comments. However, has anyone else noticed that this thread was started back in March and nobody from HGTV has replied? I guess the message boards are ignored. Sad!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Many techy shows are truly giving an education to me as how the networks are scrambling. There's been a lot of techy changes and networks are having to figure out how to keep up. We're blessed to have what we do have. There's been many changes for MANY reasons. I believe....everything is slowed down for these reasons. It's not that we aren't being listened to, the network is probably having to deal with costs that many companies are dealing with in our nation. I keep my eyes opened, and hope that things will improve.

I don't work for any of these companies...but I am aware of the changes in our country.

Hang in there Scripts!

Posts: 5233 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree. They should change the name to The Real Estate Channel. I subscribed to their magazine, but canceled after receiving just a few issues for the same reason. It was "same old, same old" too. And they never bother to follow up and try to find out why they are losing viewers. They must be getting too much advertising money from the real estate folks to care about a few million viewers.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. If you look at the program guide there is nothing good left to watch. Bring back our favorite shows and designers and don't lose Sabrina Soto or Sarah Richardson!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marlena Ritter
posted Hide Post
What gets me is the shows they do show don't show someone that are in a wheel chair and needs special fitting to make a house work.

Marlena

Posts: 1179 | Location: Wichita Ks | Registered: Jan 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post