Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Design on a Dime
  I need your ideas!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need your ideas!! Sign In/Join 
posted
I recently moved into a new apartment that's only partially furnished because I just don't have a clue what to buy and how to decorate. In a few weeks, I'm having friends over and am embarrassed to receive them in my house with the way it is now. If some of you would be so kind as to look at some pictures that I've taken of my living room and dining area and give me some advice on how to decorate, I would be so grateful!! Any help would be appreciated. In return, if by any chance you need help with translating French, I'd be happy to help as I am fluent in French. I hope to hear from you. Smile

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Homemaker-Mom
posted Hide Post
I too recently moved to an apartment and have lots of ideas! But however I would like to see your sample pictures of your space so I can better help but I can not see them on here?

Visit me at homemaker-mom.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Raleigh NC | Registered: Apr 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do not need to reply to a possible spam post to get help. You can post px here.

Homemaker-mom, if you are serious about helping quit driving people to your web site.

Posts: 7282 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
I've learned something from my daughter. She showed me how to take a pic of self and rearrange the photo so much to look like someone else. It's one way to have anonymity. I am a person who ponders.

Posts: 5238 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is absolutely fine! First of all they are your friend so I think it won't be a big deal. Then there are so many DIY sites, just go for quick designs, get flowers, cook great food, work on the ambiance than furniture/Interior and I am sure everything will be alright. No problem at all Smile
Regards:
Alexa
https://doorshoppers.com

Alexa

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post