Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Divine Design
  Living Room
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Living Room Sign In/Join 
posted
Ms. Olsen. . . I really need your assistance. I am 62 yrs old and trying my best to redecorate my living/dining room. I came up with some ideas, however, they didn't work. Size of living room, 16 x 27 with a corner fireplace. It probably needs to be set up as two seating areas but I don't know where to start. Also, I have very, very heavy draperies that cost over $2000.00 14 yrs ago and they make the room very dark. Can you help me? I love your designs that make a space beautiful and liveable. My husband is 11 yrs older than I am and he says if its not broke don't fix it. Well, our living room is broke. . . . . Please help. . . .

Posts: 3 | Location: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Jul 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have got my living room painted with very light mustard color(can't remember the color name) on one wall and light cream on the other 3 walls..It looks sleek and room looks brighter.

Posts: 1 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Nov 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it totally depend upon the the choice of living people.. But i suggest that the off white color is the best to paint the walls.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say a shade of white is best. Maybe a blemished lemon color.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post