HGTV Message Boards
kitchen design

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8504070782/m/8343917967

Apr 14, 2013, 07:51 AM
Sue S 9660
kitchen design
I am building a new home and the designer has called for 10 ft ceilings in the kitchen and I'm not sure about cabinetry. Should I take cabinets all the way up, stagger the heights, or keep them at a standard (8ft) height? The kitchen is open concept so I have one wall of cabinets approximately 12 ft long. I want to put in a 36" rangetop that requires a vent of at least 1000 cfm. The second wall consists of a 36" refrigerator and a 24" wide cabinet (this will be my coffee bar because it is so small). The remainder of the kitchen is open to the great room. There is also an open breakfast area that adjoins the kitchen and it has a wall of cabinets approximately 10 ft long. I plan on creating a bar area here with a wet sink, wine fridge (small 18-20 bottles) and also a small ice maker. Both of these appliances are around 16 " wide.. Both banks of cabinetry are on the same rear wall and again, all is open to the great room. Appreciate advise I love your design work!
Apr 23, 2013, 11:16 AM
Cavin
I hate to disappoint you, but Candice is not going to respond to your questions. You will get more information if you go to either the kitchen design or general decorating boards. Also, pictures or drawings would help.