Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Divine Design
  Candice's new show - Candice Tells All

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Candice's new show - Candice Tells All Sign In/Join 
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted
Designer Candice Olson delivers the awe-inspiring transformations we have come to expect, but this time she pulls back the curtain to get down to the basics of design. In Candice Tells All she shares the underlying design principles that can be applied to any space, revealing a home's true potential. This is Candice unplugged, as she deconstructs the design process and teaches us her rules in a fun and irreverent way.

Candice Tells All airs Sat. @ 8 p.m. ET

HGTV Admin

posted Hide Post
I like Candace's designs but where are the other design shows? I'm sick of House Hunters
and Selling New York.

posted Hide Post
I like the show but not as much as Sarah. The too large headboard and wrong sofa come across as poor planning not what you would expect from a top designer. She seems disorganized and not really in control of the project. Everyone knows that glitches occur on any project but this was only a bedroom, what would have happened in a kitchen if the appliances were too large or small or the countertops were mismeasured?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 16paws:
I like the show but not as much as Sarah. The too large headboard and wrong sofa come across as poor planning not what you would expect from a top designer. She seems disorganized and not really in control of the project. Everyone knows that glitches occur on any project but this was only a bedroom, what would have happened in a kitchen if the appliances were too large or small or the countertops were mismeasured?

Completely agree with you, Paws. We all know there is more to it than her just throwing some things into bin and declaring "THIS is their new bedroom" the way she did on her last show. However, I really cannot believe that someone as experienced and savvy as Candice would make these kinds of mistakes. I'm just a little ol' small town decorator and I know better!

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
How can we find out the sources of her purchases?
I checked the Divine Design website but there were no links to this show for content.
I couldn't even find the before/after pictures on the HGTV website.
DH and I loved the pull down shades with the soft pattern on the episode HCTAL-104H
Thanks

Posts: 3287 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Michelle_
posted Hide Post
All I want to know, is where is Chico and all the other regulars? I think I prefer her previous show.

Posts: 512 | Location: NE PA | Registered: Jul 15, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree she has made some mistakes on this show but it probably has something to do with working with a new crew. I also miss chico and the gang but candice was always the star of the show. she just seemed to have more fun with the other crew than she does with this one which is a shame because they really seemed to be having fun and not just playing it up for the camera!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: way talented n cripple,

posted Hide Post
I just watched an episode where the fridge was too large to get through the door and the faucet was incorrect but the project mgr. didn't know that faucet was for another project? Seems like Candice is going backwards.
I also am extremely disappointed after watching these shows for years that there is no way to find out what materials she is using. We are supposed to like her ideas what cannot track down the suppliers.
Disappointing HGTV!

posted Hide Post
HGTV Admins have stated numerous times that they do not provide information on any of Candice's show --- if you need any information you need to go to the following links:

www.divinedesign.tv
www.candicetellsall.com

When you go to the Candice Tells All website click on the Canadian flag and it will take you to www.wnetwork.com which provides more detail information about each episodes.

posted Hide Post
I would like to e-mail directly Candice Olsen to ask her a design question. Does anyone know here e-mail address???

Posts: 2 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Feb 19, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
in "candice tells all" the "Big Design Ideas, small kitchens" i feel like ive seen that couple before in one of the other shows in HGTV...Income Property to be exact.
i could be wrong but if i'm not. wow are we running out of families to pick from?? cause if you are..my family could use the help hehe :P

(i find it sad that i watch hgtv that much to notice such things)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jfarms,

posted Hide Post
Love her designs; always classy. However, I do not like the new format of Candice Tells All. Not near as much fun as the Devine Design and crew. The format of visiting sights for inspiration has been done by another designer for the Discovery Channel a couple of years go.
Back to the old format please....miss Chico!

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: Mar 06, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SierraSue:
I like Candace's designs but where are the other design shows? I'm sick of House Hunters
and Selling New York.

I agree! Where are the new shows?

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: Mar 06, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Candace keep her on

Posts: 4 | Location: us | Registered: Mar 09, 2011Report This Post
Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted Hide Post
New episodes have moved a half hour up, airing Sat. @ 7:30 p.m. ET.

HGTV Admin

Picture of HGTVAdmin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jvelo:
How can we find out the sources of her purchases?
I checked the Divine Design website but there were no links to this show for content.
I couldn't even find the before/after pictures on the HGTV website.
DH and I loved the pull down shades with the soft pattern on the episode HCTAL-104H
Thanks

Candice Tells All is produced outside of the U.S., and due to the contractual restrictions, we regretfully are not provided detailed information for either the projects or products featured for this series. All resource information resides on the W Network website on which it airs in Canada, http://www.wnetwork.com/Shows/Candice-Tells-All.aspx. On the left hand side, you will see a link to Shopping Guides, http://www.wnetwork.com/Shows/...Guides.aspx#Season-1.

HGTV Admin