I listed my dad's house on Monday afternoon...on Thursday I had 2 offers....very solid offers....I accepted one of them yesterday and am scheduled for a July closing.
My dad passed away a few months ago, the house has been vacant for a year while he was here in a nursing home. The house is 500 miles from me, so I was only able to empty it out. It is a great house in a wonderful location. Ugly carpeting and wallpaper...sold "as is"
I had it appraised and then listed it 20% under appraised price= SOLD!!!
I refused to do the price drop after price drop after price drop. I knew if I didn't sell within the first 30 days, it would sit on the market for a year....my DH REALLY disagreed with my decision.....so glad I didn't listen to him
I am so happy I took a huge risk at the pricing....it is in a VERY financially depressed area so I know my buyer pool would be EXTREMELY small....I am thrilled....so is the buyer!
I also buried "the statue" so, maybe it wasn't the pricing at all
jThis message has been edited. Last edited by: just josie,
Aww, josie, very sorry to hear about your dad--I remember reading some previous posts--but am happy that you sold the house.
just josie, Smart lady and congratulations ~ hope the closing goes smoothly.
Wonderful! I also found that a lower than expected price helps with a faster sale.. At least in this area. My realtor say price is king.
Hope all goes well with the closing.
Seems the ones that just sit, are the ones that are NOT priced right for the current market.
Smart decision because of mileage.
I am still holding on to my Dd's house renting out until full blown sellers market returns in our area..mainly because it located in my same city.
|Powered by Social Strata|