Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Get It Sold
  On the market 3 days, got 2 offers = SOLD!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the market 3 days, got 2 offers = SOLD!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of just josie
posted
I listed my dad's house on Monday afternoon...on Thursday I had 2 offers....very solid offers....I accepted one of them yesterday and am scheduled for a July closing.

My dad passed away a few months ago, the house has been vacant for a year while he was here in a nursing home. The house is 500 miles from me, so I was only able to empty it out. It is a great house in a wonderful location. Ugly carpeting and wallpaper...sold "as is"

I had it appraised and then listed it 20% under appraised price= SOLD!!!

I refused to do the price drop after price drop after price drop. I knew if I didn't sell within the first 30 days, it would sit on the market for a year....my DH REALLY disagreed with my decision.....so glad I didn't listen to him Smile

I am so happy I took a huge risk at the pricing....it is in a VERY financially depressed area so I know my buyer pool would be EXTREMELY small....I am thrilled....so is the buyer!

I also buried "the statue" so, maybe it wasn't the pricing at all Smile

j

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just josie,

Posts: 1673 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aww, josie, very sorry to hear about your dad--I remember reading some previous posts--but am happy that you sold the house.

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just josie, Smart lady and congratulations ~ hope the closing goes smoothly. Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! I also found that a lower than expected price helps with a faster sale.. At least in this area. My realtor say price is king.

Hope all goes well with the closing.

Posts: 6720 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Congrats!
Seems the ones that just sit, are the ones that are NOT priced right for the current market.

Posts: 9428 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Smart decision because of mileage.

I am still holding on to my Dd's house renting out until full blown sellers market returns in our area..mainly because it located in my same city.

Posts: 9179 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post