Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Get It Sold
  Living room pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Living room pics Sign In/Join 
posted
Ok, had a few minutes. Here is the living room. It is an old house and very very small. Not quite "showing worthy" yet. Obviously, I close the doors on the tv too.

http://s7.photobucket.com/user...ideshow/House%2011th

Posts: 71 | Registered: Jan 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your living room is lovely and looks show ready. Wish mine looked that neat. You certainly don't have to do anything else to that room but keep it clean. I like your photography too.

Any some time in the future you may want to have the photos enlarged and put on canvas. I hear even Walmarts does good work and their prices are cheap enough.

Posts: 7206 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
needs splash of color maybe 3 x5 rug under coffee table.

Posts: 9278 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
Looks like you are really close. I agree with REL, needs some color. Do you have any bright pillows or throws you could put on the chair and sofa?

Fun and Info

Posts: 3586 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute pics and room, mully!

I did agree with you, however, that the room needed a few changes. Noticed on another thread that you received an offer. Congratulations!

I didn't have many comments but will hold most of them just in case the worst happens and your sale doesn't close. Assuming it's a reasonable offer with reasonable terms, we definitely don't want that to happen!

Guess you were concerned about privacy and didn't care to share your listing. We're harmless, really, lol!

IMHO, the couch was too large for the room. B/c it basically ran into the wall, it unfortunately screamed to buyers that the room was small. And, given that this was basically the front room and introduction to the home, it probably gave buyers the impression that the house was too small. Even if it truly is a small house, that's a first impression we try to either eliminate or minimize when staging a home. So, I had a few tricks to make the room feel a little larger.

WRT the artwork, your dandelions are terrific! I do, however, believe your concern about the artwork was valid. The room's challenging to decorate b/c of the multiple windows and doorways, allowing space for smaller pieces, only. The plethora of smalls make the room feel even smaller, IMHO. (It's ironic that both extra large items and small ones can make a room feel smaller, right?) For that reason, I would have recommended that you remove all the artwork and highlight your moldings, etc.

If I'd seen photos of the other rooms, I'm sure you had a great place to use your dandelions.

Best of luck with your sale. Too bad that we never know, as sellers, if we've truly maximized value. I sincerely hope you did and that the deal closes without an issue of any kind.

Sounded like you're ready to move on with your life! Have you purchased another home?

Best to you -

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SurfNow,

Posts: 518 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mully4235:
Ok, had a few minutes. Here is the living room. It is an old house and very very small. Not quite "showing worthy" yet. Obviously, I close the doors on the tv too.

Why do you think like that.. You've a lovely living room. I really liked the color scheme of the room.

Morris Real Estate

Posts: 6 | Location: Killeen | Registered: Jul 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to report more spam, guys, lol!

Anyone care to bump another thread above this? Please do -

Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DylanMitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by mully4235:

Why do you think like that.. You've a lovely living room. I really liked the color scheme of the room.

Hi Dylan, Welcome to the group. When you read some of the posts you will realize many of us are real estate and design professionals. What you will not see are the names of our agencies. That is because there is a forum rule against advertising.

We hope you will make a great addition to our little group, new blood and all, and remove your company name from your signature line.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3586 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, "Morris Real Estate" is one of the frequent flyers that posts under different names and already know that advertising is prohibited.