Ok, so we have been under contract since the end of October. Buyer had to change banks because Wells Fargo does not lend to multi use properties.......! They asked for an extension on the contingencies il November 30 which is this Friday. Hearing today they are going to ask for another extension til Dec 10th which is 11 days before close of escrow. I know they are serious about buying but all these extensions make me nervous and feel like there should be some give on their part. I.E. dropping all extensions except appraisal (appraisal was done on Tuesday of this week), more of a deposit to show they are serious, ??? What are your thoughts? Or am I just being nervous????????
Hi Nancy, Without going back and reviewing the saga you have had trying to sell your home - my suggestion is to talk with your agent. Your agent can verify what is going on with the other agent. What are the other contingencies? Another question - has your agent kept your house available to show or took it off the mls?
It has been so difficult to find a buyer try to work with them unless you and your agent think it is not going to close. But at this point - I'm sure they are sweating it out also.
Well you waited long and hard for this buyer. The extensions seem to be in 10 days intervals - that is what is making you nervous. Your agent most likely recommending keeping the pressure on...with shorter extensions. Don't you think they are nervous too?
Find out what the reasons are for the extensions...obviously because the appraisal is not done is one reason. Have a good talk with your Realtor, and try to work with the buyer the best you can...within reason.
Thanks! They actually switched to our lender since they already have a loan on the property so THANKS rel, that makes me feel good. They are anxious as well and I think everything seems so out of control to me with 3 weeks til moving- still don't have the contingencies gone. Did not hear anything today from our realtor- I did talk to her last night. We are meeting with the buyers on Sunday- we all get along and like each other- so hopefully this little hiccup will be resolved soon! I just do not want a delay in closing, that would mess up everyone( us, the buyers and the people we are buying from in Colorado!)
New house is big! Not what we wanted but when we walked in, it felt right. 3400 square feet with an open main floor with bedroom and bathroom. Has a wood burning stove ( very important to me!), a basement with 3 rooms and a bathroom for my daughter and then a master suite upstairs. Has 1.25 acres with room for 2 horses and has trees and a koi pond! VERY excited and sure hope we can close this sale so we can keep this house!
Congratulations on selling! I've been here during the timeframe right before I've sold a property, and during my freakouts when the properties didn't sell on time. None of the 3 sold on time, but they all sold to the original buyers... just try to breath, I never could but that's what everyone told me again, congratulations!
I think because the buyer ended up going to the same mortgagee...it all worked out. Don't worry, folks she won't leave us hanging after being her support and advice group for what 5 years now. Holy smokes.
Good vibes... sending her way..This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,