Not sure how many of you know, but we have had our home/business for sale for almost 5 years-never had an offer!
We have dropped the price considerably and are priced right now at real estate value- with the business and equipment thrown in.
Anyway, had a call from our realtor this morning that an investor wants to see it today at 3 pm. We are trying to make the place look perfect.
Maybe this is the one??????????
Hope it goes well Nancy!
~Jean~ in garden zone 6b
Oh, wow, I just came to the boards specifically to see if there was any news about you, Nancy. I hope your next post will be--offer and accepted!This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charcoalsmom,
Oh, Nancy, I am so hoping that THIS will be the one! Let us know!
Nancy, what happened? We've been hoping for you for so long.
In our realtor's words- "odd showing". The couple does apartment investing- so not sure why they wanted to see the place, BUT they were here for over an hour??????????
I guess now we wait and see!
I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers! We have been on this roller coaster for TOO long!
Maybe they are trying to branch out into something different?? At least it wasn't one of quick run-thru's.
Here's hoping for the best
Since they were there so long it sounds kinda promising!! Prayers this is the one!!
Oh Nancy, I surely hope this could be it for you! I am all too familiar being on that roller coaster, my heart goes out to you as well as good thoughts and prayers for an offer.
Thanks for all the good thoughts. Well, it has been a week and no word, so I guess that ship sailed! LOL
Just feeling drained since we have been in stand by mode for so long.
At this point we have not had any one else interested................
Ack! That's not what we were hoping to hear, Nancy. Dog gone it. I wish that buyer would have panned out.
Ok, best wishes for a new buyer to come along. Keep us in the loop. I swear my fingers and toes are permanently in the crossed position for you guys.
Aw, Nancy, I'm with Charcoalsmom here - so sorry that it didn't work out.
Hang in there and keep us ep-dated - I know we can't really help but it's nice to know others care - isn't it? Well, we do....
Just keep repeating...."it only takes one, it only takes one, it only takes one.."
Sooooo sorry this one wasn't THE one.
Feel your pain...keep hangin in there; it'll happen (hugs)
Nancy, I've followed your posts for a year, 2, more? no buyer X 5 years may be caused by a depressed market. Regardless my heart goes out to you.
Have you personaly contacted execs at CA Nature Conservatory, or another private organization that buys land?
My cousin obtained a lease (40 ac prime farmland) via a UCDavis program.
Thanks for the thoughts! Still nothing- no new interest at all!
Tessa~ We are definitely in a depressed market but priced accordingly.
I have not thought of the Nature Conservatory but will look into it for sure!
I know there has to be a way to sell but we have not figured it out yet!
Nancy, 6-8 yrs ago, your property may have sold for a Mil plus, and not necessarily to a Vet.
I suggested you explore the Nature Conservatory because they buy LAND. Think outside the box: contact UC Davis "Chairs" - not only large animal specialists, but also whomever leases or buys AG lands (vineyards, olives, fruit orchards, etc).
If your realtor advetised in horse, cattle, or dog magazines, maybe it's time for a repeat.
I wish you well, but no comprende why as a Sr Citizens you'd choose to relocate to ice & snow country>This message has been edited. Last edited by: tessa89,
Any updates, Nancy?
Where there is a will... there is a way. Keep trying. Here are some thoughts...
I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but have you entertained "Exchange".
There are Realtors, especially "commercial" Realtors who are well versed in this.
There are also tax advantages, i.e. 1031 exchange". Consult with a tax advisor re laws in your state/region for more information exploring "exchange". Also I would call Real Estate Attorneys for a consult. They may be able to point you in the right direction to an "Exchange" Realtor and that attorney "MAY elect" not to charge for iniital consultation hoping that they may be part of your future "exchange" transaction and drawing up the documents.
The exchange facet of the Real Estate Industry can be quite exciting. I have know people who exchanged properties in their town and across the U.S.A...from resort syle properties to working farms and properties including businesses.
I would also get a bonifide appraisal, as you "MAY" be under market/driving your price down ...as result of marketing efforts directed to the "wrong buyer pool" of clientel.
Good luck Nancy.This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,
Nancy, your property is central CA eastern slope coastal foothills. no?
Still thinking outside the box: vintners!
Is your region reinventing with newly planted vineyards on smaller acreages? because in my region (western slope Sierra foothills and valleys), available properties can't keep up with demand & horse properties are being advertized as potential vineyards.
Please re post a link with MLS#
As REL suggested, although a 1031 may not be a factor for you, your agent should cast a wider net targeting a broader demographic emphazising buyers tax possibilities.
In the meantime, think positive...remember it's already snowed in Colorado This message has been edited. Last edited by: tessa89,
Now I have a lot to write down to discuss with our realtor.
We are not near the Sierra foothills, rather about 45 minutes from the Monterey Coast.
Our realtor broke her back so we are meeting with her either late next week or early the week after.
I am going to bring up all these suggestions. I hope she is aware of 1031's and exchanges. We are probably going to drop the price again and just take what we can get and move to what we can find in our price range.......hopefully not Nebraska! LOL
I am looking forward to the snow. My daughter lives in CO and LOVES the snow. She called me the day they got their first snow. I know our dogs will love playing in it as well.
One other thought I had was- advertising the fact that the 1BR apartment on the property can be rented for income as well as the clinic area if someone wants to have horse property but cannot afford it.....but not sure that helps them get a loan???
We have rented the 1BR apt for $1000/month and that will help someone in a big way.
We need to be done, so hopefully this meeting will bring to the table what we need to do to get that done!
Thanks for all your support and thoughts.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my husband is 78 years young but I am "only" 52 so I think I can stay caught up with the snow shovelling! LOL
Nancy in CA, So glad to see you posting back! And glad to hear that you have a meeting scheduled with your realtor ~ with lots of questions and ideas suggested by other posters. Let us know how it goes....
I agree that it might be worthwhile to emphasize the potential $1000/mo one bedroom apartment ~ separate and apart from what might be the ordinary use of the entire facility ~ time to think outside the box.
Also, please consider posting the MLS number here ~ it would be helpful for those of us who have followed your story to actually see the property, the verbiage and details from the listing itself. After all, it's been on the MLS for several years - maybe if we were able to see exactly how it is being presented, our suggestions might have more value. Up to you...
Am just a little leery about putting it on here after what happened to CCM. Let me think on it a bit.
My parents have a friend who is a realtor who offered her suggestions after seeing it online and doing comps.
Dropping the price, which we are going to do, and getting a stager. Since those pics were put online 4 years ago, we have majorly decluttered, but not sure if it is enough.
I would also like to see more in our ad about the potential income- renting out the clinic and the apartment income.
Going to do some thinking today and some research. I would feel very comfortable PMing any of you with the MLS, but if you think it is safe to put on here, let me know!
And thanks for all your good thoughts!
Nancy, PM me with your MLS number.. I will take your listing to our local Exchangers meeting. Of course, if there is interest, we will contact your Realtor. I suggest she find as many Exchangors Club as she can. The local Board of Realtors' in your town is a good start.
Another thought, how hard would it be to turn the offices into apt.
For 2 cents I would consider exchanging- do you want to live on Tampa Bay? LOLThis message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,
You'd give up FL to move here to CA????
REL- tried to send you a PM and it would not work. Will keep trying!
It went through and Idaho Resident- I will try to send it to you too!
Nancy, I received your PM and reviewed your listing. I remember what happened with CCM and was one of the posters most vocal about the situation at the time. However, that was a completely different scenario involving a potential purchase (not someone selling), home owners associations and the strong opinions they seem to inflame.
I have seen many, many individuals who have posted their MLS number here on the boards who have received help that they believed was the difference in staying stagnant vs. selling. I don't think there is a problem with posting your MLS and seeking advice but it is up to you....
If you decide to do so, I'd suggest starting a new thread ~ this one is getting old ~ just like your listing! And I mean that sincerely, four years is too long for you to still be in the same place. I'm pretty sure that there are many other posters who would like to help if they can. Let us know.
wowza! I did remember your geographic location: eastern slope of the Coastal range
Nancy, if you aren't comfortable posting your MLS#, don't. But please refresh our collective memories. Vet clinic, attached apartment, approx 10 acres and a nice home? Fenced to accommodate large animals, paddocks, stalls? A grand a month rental income, isn't anything to sneeze at either!
Before reducing the price, Maybe you should take your property off the market for a few weeks? Sales are picking up in NorCal, as much as 8% compared to Aug.
Refocus. If there are any botique wineries or small acreage vineyards near you, insist agent drop off a flyer - also at golf clubs. Advertise beyond Monterey: Carmel, Aptos, Santa Cruz; University profs, the Chancellor & Board of Regents are potential buyers. More so the many thousands of tourists who visit and fall in love with your locale with it's fantastic climate: valleys & oak studded rolling foothills in close proximity to the Pacific ocean, beaches, state parks, and recreational opportunities. Geeze what's not to like!
Monday, we have Vet appt = last year she relocated from GA and may know others who want to establish a practice in northern-ish CA
This message has been edited. Last edited by: tessa89,
Will try to get on here in the next day or two to update and possibly put MLS # on. Talked to our realtor today about the pics and then this afternoon had a call from a local realtor ( a town about 20 miles away) that is bringing a family that does dog rescue to see the place in the morning, so frantically getting stuff done! If this does not work, we are going to make some changes to our advertising/price!
I haven't looked at this thread for a month and a lot seems to be happening. And that is great!! Keep us posted.
Nancy, Any news on what the Dog Rescue people thought about your property after their viewing? Crossing fingers here....
thought about Calif. CCM..but heard gov't is closing down fruit stands.. is that true?
Grow your own gardens.. folks.
Gosh, Rel, I haven't heard of that but don't really keep up on the news. It'd be an awful shame if they did. In any state.
They are coming today for the second visit. Will keep you informed. Feeling stressed but hopeful.
Back for a second visit? That sounds great ~ still keeping the fingers crossed here!
Oh, wow, Nancy. Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for you! Keep us posted!
Where is flboy with the fairy dust?
welllllllll? It's a little early in the day for you but I am anxious to find out what happened
Met, Nancy has another thread. Go take a look!
|Powered by Social Strata|