Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Get It Sold
  Mom is ill and needs to move.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mom is ill and needs to move. Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello, I wish I didnt have to write this, but my mother has been diagnosed with leukemia and has a long hard road in front of her. We, as her kids would like to see if someone can help sell her current home so that she can move closer to one of her kids to help with daily activities and what treatment she has in future. The home needs some work, and it is very hard to get it ready with everything going on.

If you can help, please let me know. We would love to talk to you and see what if anything can be done.

Thank you,
Will Clark
(573)579-1480

Posts: 1 | Location: Jackson, MO | Registered: Jun 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
Will: I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's illness. It's wonderful she has such loving kids willing to help her.

Your best bet is to contact 2-3 realtors that frequently list homes in your Mom's neighborhood. Interview them, ask for their proposed marketing plan, ask for their proprosed price plan taking into consideration the condition of your Mom's house.

Lastly, please remove your name and phone number from your post. When you post info like that along with such personal information about your family, you're just asking a shyster to enter your life.

Posts: 8186 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will, I, too, am sorry to hear about your Mom's illness but glad that she has kids willing to help at such a difficult time in her life.

I agree with Jewel's comments ~ both about contacting 2-3 local realtors and removing your telephone number from your post. Wishing both you and your mother the best.... Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
I am a leukemia survivor...tell her not to give up.....hugs to you all.

Posts: 2769 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post